Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2008 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Folks, I am sorry, I wish I could afford a new airstream.The minor problems are sure worth buying a new silver bird. a little envy here can't ya feel it.I am lucky to own a older model, even with the leaks I still love it.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog View Post
Folks, I am sorry, I wish I could afford a new airstream.The minor problems are sure worth buying a new silver bird. a little envy here can't ya feel it.I am lucky to own a older model, even with the leaks I still love it.

Dang, make me feel bad.....

I was just saying, Some people still buy new. Eventhough you hear the horror stories of Quality Control. I'm rolling the dice and so far I've been fortunate. Haven't put her though the paces yet. I don't believe everyones goal is to own new. My WASN"T. I had a beautiful Argosy that I loved. But got sucked in by a salesman and the newer more features,bigger aspect, peace of mind and went that route. We have no regrets except that I miss that Argosy,,,,,,

BTW, on the Quality Control on the new ones, If you think about it, maybe only the complaints surface. The guy/gals who don't have problems will most likely not post a good thing????....Maybe.

Either way, I'll keep yall abreast if anything fails. Even if mine turns out to take a dump,,,,,"Still take Pride in your Ride"

Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

i think that is an attitude i can relate to "pride in the ride". stuff happens. but like i can not say it enough, the info, tips, and advice as well as the support given in the forums and from airstream owners face to face is the way to work through the problems and eventually i get the feeling that i am learning how to work with the unit i bought and enjoy it even more. it does generally work great and what has to have warranty repair will get it. we are on the "life plan" with this legacy purchase and are enjoying the ride. thanks for all the continued sharing.
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote