Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
We looked long and hard at every AS out there. My wife loved the cuteness and size of the Bambi but all things considered, the 27 FB is just about perfect. the 25 was just a bit lacking in middle storage and the queen walk-around bed is more comfortable than home. As for the back couch, we bought a BIG pillow for the back of the dinette when down and just store it on the bed when not in use. The under-bed storage has never been filled (and we do take long tripss). In other words: GO FOR IT!

Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #30
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Good luck getting 30k for a 2001 in trade. Most places offered us $25k for our 2004 Safari.

I like the 27' units. If I were a front bedroom type of guy that would be the unit for me since the 27' has the bed front to back and not sideways. Storage is somewhat unique with the 27' w/queen, but nothing I would consider a deal breaker....

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
Front and rear storage?

I haven't seen a 27' FB up close and personal. I like the floor plan a lot and have no issues at all upgrading every two years but how is the external storage setup? And from what I've read of the specs it is not really shorter or lighter then the 28'SE/LS.
Thanks,
KL
Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Ottawa , Ontario
hey Shep...did you get it???
Old 08-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
I haven't seen a 27' FB up close and personal. I like the floor plan a lot and have no issues at all upgrading every two years but how is the external storage setup? And from what I've read of the specs it is not really shorter or lighter then the 28'SE/LS.
Thanks,
KL
The storage is there, only it is inside with my queen bed model. Do I miss that large outside door, yes, my ladder used to fit across the width, but then every thing was piled high and nearly had to be emptied to get things in and out. I'd rather have the floorplan and rear wrap window though. I actually found that a lot of what I was carrying has not been needed. The rear now under the dinette seats is empty for the exception of the Baby Q which did not fit through the external storage door. And there still is a lot of storage space I have not utilized front and back.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #34
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Keeptalk'nkeeptalk'nkeeptalk'n

DO I WANT YOU ,OH MY DO I
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8372aa.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	44413   Click image for larger version

Name:	8372am.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	44414  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #35
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Locust Grove , Virginia
Wife and I are committed to upsizing.

She likes the 27 FB Safari SE
I like the 28 Safari SE (have only seen it on paper). None available nearby to look at eyeball to aluminum. Although Bob Caldwell in Ohio has one on the lot. We're thinking of making a rush trip there to see it.

Oh what to do? Oh what to do?
2010 TREK 2.3

Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #36
Formerly FreshAir44

2008 23' Safari SE
Seattle , Washington
Bambi Bandit

As a new Airstream owner, I have to laugh - I loved your list of options but have no idea what most of them were and why you added them.

I think it would be very valuable for all of us newbies if you could explain the "what it is and why" behind your options - when you have a chance . . . THANKS!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Trade Happy or Rich?

Hi, where were all you people three years ago when my wife and I were looking for slightly used late model trade ins? We finally had to buy a new trailer because no decent used ones were available. We picked what we wanted, paid for it, and never plan on changeing unless something really bad happens to our lovely 2005 Safari 25-B [Rear Queen] Not too big, not too small, not too fancy, no write offs, and no payments.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #38
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Stainless doors

[quote=Bambi_Bandit]Forgot the Disk Brakes - That was a major change done by David as well...[/quote

That's some list!!!
We were wondering who supplied the stainless door's. Our's only four years old but really do look kind of shabby. was thinking of painting but the stainless would be the hot set-up

P.S. Loved your 66 Photos....Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #39
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepstream
Well this was an effective thread, for me anyhow: We traded up to the 2008 Safari 27FB! Colonial was terrific, they did everything right for us. They were all about the getting us what we wanted and making everything right. That was two weekend's ago. Last weekend took the A/S to a 3-day festival. I liked the comment "dude, you have the pimpinest ride here", even though that was not our intent. We had perhaps a dozen questions/issues, a few of which we are still through (I'll post them someday). We went with "kiwi" BTW. -Shep
Greetings Shep- You sure bought the right unit from the right folks. We were down visiting our friends at Colonial three weeks ago and met a wonferful person who was taking delivery on her very first ever camping trailer, a 28FB. They took such great care of her and spent most of the day helping her learn to tow and park and hook-up. I you are ever planning on buying a new AS Colonial is the place to buy! You should think of hooking up with us New England Units folks for a rally ot two. We have some really great ones coming up in NE!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Mill Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
And the financing is deductible as mortgage interest if you itemize deductions -- same as a 2nd home since it has a galley & bathroom (cruising sailboats too).
we're deducting our interest as a 2nd home......I'm thinking about trading our 2007 25' CCD SS for the 2008 27'FB CCD with twin beds.
I'm going to take a loss on the 25'er (neg trade in)....can I deduct this loss on my taxes?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by millvalleyca
we're deducting our interest as a 2nd home......I'm thinking about trading our 2007 25' CCD SS for the 2008 27'FB CCD with twin beds.
I'm going to take a loss on the 25'er (neg trade in)....can I deduct this loss on my taxes?
Nope!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #42
Haze Grey & Underway

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cedar Crest , New Mexico
Happily Joining the 27FB Fan Club

We can certainly understand the lust for a 2008 27FB Safari. We just made the deal on ours 2 days ago. Down sizing from a 35' 5th wheel that was wonderful but not really appropriate for all the places we go or want to go.

Our local dealership had one 27FB Safari SE with Twin Beds in the FB and Oatmeal interior. We know we're losing storage space downsizing, but this AS is so well laid out and will go so many more places. that we're willing to make the change.

One of the big selling points were the twin beds. We're used to a King at home so the RV queens have always meant a rough night for us. The twins are wider and longer than half of a queen, plus you get an extra wide walk way at the center of the rig where the height is the best. You also gain 2 more small wardrobes/armoires at the foot of the bed and extra storage room on the floor for bulky things.

We're also planning on using the dinette as a large wrap around sofa most of the time. I have an old heavyweight bedspread I'm going to cut down to cover it and the sofa so they can be easily removed for washing. We love our dog, but she can sure shed. Am looking forward to a much easier to clean and maintain RV.

You can see the rig at 2008 Airstream AIRSTREAM 27 FB SAFARI SE (TWIN) Travel Trailers at Holiday Travel Trailers The website hasn't been updated to show it sold yet.