Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #57
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernermom
...2Air, regarding the heat pump, we were plugged into a 30 AMP outlet, which we had installed by the trailer pad a few years ago...
30 amp AND a trailer pad at home! you lucky dogs....

good to see you made it up the curb without dragging, bummer about droping the tongue!

there goes that fancy orange paint!

IF you got road salt on the trailer driving home, rinse it off asap, this might delay the corrosion a week or 2

enjoy the new! it's all good.

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Yes we were planning to wash off the road salt tomorrow. It is too cold today, but tomorrow should be in the 40's.

My husband's Aunt is 85, and still full timing in an RV. She is a hoot! She has a Born Free, but has owned two AS's in her time. She sometimes parks in our drive for a few days, so we installed the 30 AMP for her, but it comes in handy for us as well!

Forgot to mention our other issue when we came home. Our drive way is concrete, and then a fence opens to the trailer pad. With the snow melting from the roof, and coming out the drain spout right by the fence gate, we had an icey area where the drive meets the gravel pad. My husbands wheels started spinning and we got stuck on the ice. Had to put some ice melter (Paw safe ice melter of course) and wait a bit for the ice to melt. Just a little to add to the adventure!

Diane

Old 12-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Great Diane. I have the parts for a 30 amp exterior receptacle, but haven't installed it yet. We've been plugged into a 20 amp receptacle inside the shop/garage for now and don't really need shore power for now.

Glad you didn't wipe out when you got to the dealer, got the alarm to shut off and have happily parked it for the time being. Broken in yet?

Gene
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
What a great way to finish up the year - your new Airstream plugged in beside the house and just waiting for camping season. Let the games begin. It's always neat when family and friends come past for a viewing.

Enjoy, and glad you got the early bugs sorted out. Can you imagine how tough it was for new Airstream owners to figure out their rigs before this forums became available? Every dealer should be making sure their new customers have logged in and introduced themselves.

And Merry Christmas

Barry
Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
I should have spent the weekend preparing for Christmas, but could not resist moving in to our new trailer. We had boxed up everything from the old SOB, and it was cluttering the office.

But first I lined all the closets with either heavy vinyl shelf liner, or the rubbery kind that prevents things from moving around, depending on which closet it was.

I was surprised to find that large paper plates do not fit into the closets above the sink and stove. Well I guess I will have to buy the smaller size and eat a little less!

I enjoyed my favorite tunes on the CD player, while I worked on the moving in, and the dogs hung out with me. I had a few problems getting the CD changer to work, and finally pulled out the manual, and all was well. The dogs wanted to get up on the sofa, but to their surprise I would not allow that! I want to get a fleece cover that is large enough for the sofa before I let them up there. I have only found 60 X 70, but need at least 60 X 80, so I will keep looking.

I ran the furnace, but forgot to try the Heat Pump again. I know it works, because the salesperson had that on when I went up there to visit her.

I can't wait until we can go camping! I think our first trip will probably be to an agility trial with the dogs the last weekend of March. We also received a coupon for free camping at an Airstream only park, which just happens to be about 7 miles from our home. We don't usually go so close to home, but what the heck. They have a pool, so we can go in the warm weather next summer.

This is such fun.

Diane
Old 12-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Diane,

Barb put the large paper plates in a drawer under the sink and real plates (yes, we have some 1960's Corningware for fine dining and it's really hard to break) in a drawer under the curbside dinette seat. Your floor plan is completely different, but you do have a dinette and a sink, so maybe the same large drawers are under them.

Like you, I guess, she seems to take over decorating and when I find where she stashed something, the next time it's somewhere else.

Your ability to wait until March to go somewhere in your new baby amazes me.

How was the tow home?

Gene
Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene
Diane,

(yes, we have some 1960's Corningware for fine dining and it's really hard to break)

Your ability to wait until March to go somewhere in your new baby amazes me.

How was the tow home?

Gene
I have some much newer Corningware, it's from the 70's .

We don't have much of a choice but to wait until March. All the campgrounds are closed, and my husband really does not want to have to de-winterize, and then winterize again. We can "play" camp in the yard . We will probably also take it out to the county park about 20 minutes from here and take a hike and then have lunch in her, just to get a little more practice towing with the Hensley and AS.

The ride home went fine. The Hensley does tow very well, and we did not feel the trucks as they passed us on the highway.

Diane
Old 12-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #64
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Honey Where's The........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene
Diane,

Like you, I guess, she seems to take over decorating and when I find where she stashed something, the next time it's somewhere else.

Gene
SWEETHEART....I can't find the coffee pot!!

ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #65
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Wow, I am impressed, I take that to mean that you would actually make coffee for yourself!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #66
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernermom
Wow, I am impressed, I take that to mean that you would actually make coffee for yourself!
Breakfast too...for both of us!!

ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Goodness you guys, if Donna sees that someone is breaking the "spousal law" and the GUY is doing the cooking I'll be in major domo do-do. For almost 39 years I've been telling her that it would be illegal for me to make it any time of the day.

And of course she wouldn't want me to lose face with my buddies .

So let's not have any more of these discouraging words about guys doing the cooking (BBQ's are the exception of course - only guys can properly BBQ food while camping - unless they're busy chatting with the other guys of course, then the ladies do a passable job).

Barry
Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Our Silver Lining is LEAKING!

We had a fairly good rain the other day, and we out to find that the blanket on the sofa was wet. The window in the front had water dripping from the bottom of the window, so I imagine it is a leak in the window area.

I thought these units were throughly water tested . Well apparently not throughly enough. It's a bummer, now we will have to tow her up to the dealer for a repair before we have even made our first trip.

Happy Holidays to all!

Diane
Old 12-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
We had the same problem, from the top of a window. The dealer repaired, but it still leaks. We're thinking of going to Jackson Center next year and letting them do it.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
We haven't found any leaks and it's too cold now, but when we get another warm day and the snow melts, I'll check again. Seems like we have the rare Airstream without leaks.

As for coffee, I don't drink it, it makes me too crazy and tea provides me with plenty of non-jittery caffeine. As for cooking, Barb is such an exemplary cook it would be foolish for me to compete, besides division of labor is the sign of a civilized and advanced culture. I'm in charge of the black and grey water, but maybe I should increase my cooking skills and let her drain those nasty tanks. She bought me some waterproof super special gloves for Xmas so I think there's a message there.

Gene