Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
Can't wait to hear from you on your visit. Take some bedding with you just in case you can't leave your new baby alone for the night!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Visited the SilverLining today

I drove up to Colonial to see my SilverLining today. She was absolutely beautiful!

I was pleasantly surprised to that Lauren had the heat on, the TV and fridge on, and optional awnings opened. She is a top notch salesperson! She (the SilverLining not Laruen) was very clean and looked even better then I remembered, not to say Lauren was not clean also.

Both my parents went with me and they were very impressed, and it is not easy to impress my father.

Here are a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 006 small.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	50203   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 008 small.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	50204  

bernermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
What's playin' on the TV?
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #44
1 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
Looks great!!!

Bet you're really excited. Not spending the nite???

Bet I know what was on the television.....A new Christmas classic------
"All I want for Christmas is my new Airstream"
Old 12-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Yes, I think it was that Christmas classic, a DVD on Airstreams, an long running infomercial. I really did not watch any of it though, I was too busy admiring the AS!

I could not spend the night, she is winterized, so we would not have any water, and I could never sleep without my dogs .

Diane
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
And, yes Gene, my husband will be worn out after moving all that gravel I better give him some high energy foods!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Congratulations!

Very nice looking Safari... with our favorite interior: Midnight Sun.
Now bring it out to our California sun!

Congratulations Diane!

SilverGate (former snow shoveler from New Jersey)
SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cumberland , RI
It's exciting to finally see your AS in person isn't it Diane??? Congrats!!!
WBCCI #1199 - AIR #23847
NEU
LIFE IS GOOD
RIstream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #49
1 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
Thursday is the BIG DAY!

The day has finally come. You must be excited to finally bring your big silver "baby" home. We're certain it will be all you have wished for. Good Luck! .............Cheers!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Well, the SilverLining is home! And she is looking good!

A few issues, the 10 disc CD changer does not work, but I can put a CD in to the system and play that way, should have had them demo that.

Another more annoying problem we are having tonight, the propane warning buzzer keeps going off, it shows fault, (yellow) not red, but I cannot get it to stop. We tried to turn on the Heat Pump, but it would not come on, maybe too cold, so we put the furnace one, (family coming over to see, so we needed to keep them warm). I know it takes some time to burn off the fumes,but the noise of the alarm is freaking out my dog. He does not want to go outside, because the SilverLining is close to the house and he can hear it.

Any ideas of how to stop the alarm would be appreciated.

What a fun day it was!

Diane
Old 12-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #51
_

. , .
wow congrats on the new trailer and a safe trip home!

go to the 'lp gas' sub forum and read OR

use 'advanced search' and search ONLY in that thread with the word 'detector'...

only 26 threads and several look useful...

here is one post from the list...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/409064-post14.html

with a similar tune, but read the full thread.

when you first turn on the heat pump in cooler weather it can take several minutes (5-10) before 'on' happens...

also IF you are trying to use the heat pump or ac, while plugged into a standard house power outlet, you may be over amps...

don't cook the wiring on the first nite!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
2Air,you are the best, I will check out the thread you recommend.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernermom
...snip....
Another more annoying problem we are having tonight, the propane warning buzzer keeps going off, it shows fault, (yellow) not red, but I cannot get it to stop....snip...

Any ideas of how to stop the alarm would be appreciated.

Diane
Diane...Sometimes when we ran the furnace in the past, we'd get that fault signal and that incesant beep from the LP detector...our dogs get freaked, too... You probably know this, but you can reset the detector so it goes back to the "green" mode and is operable. We talked to our dealer about it and they said in new units, the detector may be picking up fumes from the new furnace and that's what's causing it, since it only happened when the heater was running. It is very sensitive...we have set it off with aerosol room freshner and once one of the dogs was lying near it and f*rted...and it went off! You might also try gently blowing out or vacuuming out the sensor intake hole on the front of the sensor...it may have dust or other accumulation of stuff in there that is causing it to go off or fault out.

And I will also pass along that we did feel like there was a gas leak that was elusive, but was becoming more and more noticable on our last trip...in our unit the furnace and the range ae fairly close, so we didn't know where it was coming from. We did determine there was in fact a gas leak because when we smelled it we turned off the tanks and bingo, the smell went away...we took it in to the dealer and sure enough there was a leak in one of the stoce-top burner turn-on vlaves...slow, but a leak nonetheless...so if you do smell any gas have it looked over...

Good luck with your new AS...you are going to love it...well...you already do, right?

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:58 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Congrats!
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #55
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
An exciting day!

Yesterday was quite the exciting day. We awoke to find about three inches of show on the ground. Not totally unexpected, but we had hoped the forecast was wrong.

Our trade in trailer was in the street already, since my husband had been busy raking out the tons of gravel to extend the trailer pad. We were planning to leave around 8:30 AM, but took our time to give the roads a chance to clear up. Then we found the door to the compartment that we store the sway bars in frozen shut. Waited a little longer, hoping the sun would melt it, but had to resort to pouring hot water on the door to get it opened.

Finally on our way around 9:40, the roads were fairly clear, and we knew they would get better as they did not get much snow up at the dealer. We made it there safely by around 11 AM. As I steped out of our van, I almost wiped out on a sheet of black ice in the dealer parking lot, but luckily I did not fall down. They quickly put more salt on the area.

Lauren gave us a through walk through, but we opted not to put water in the tanks due to the cold weather. The tanks were emptied, and the tech and my husband winterized the unit together. The service manager gave us a bypass hose for the water pump, and we were please to find that it is not too hard to get to the water pump in the SS model.

Another technician went over the Hensley Hitch with my husband while I stayed indoors to keep warm.

By 2:30 we were ready to begin the ride home. It is very hard to pull out of the dealership, especially with the traffic this time of year. But after about 7 minutes, we got a break, and were on our way. The ride seemed stiffer to me than with our other trailer, but once we hit the highway, it seemed fine. We had to stop about 50 miles into the 70 mile ride home to adjust a few things on the hitch. My husband was saying I do not see why I have to do this, but I said just do it if they told you to do it. I kept thinking I should have listened to the Hensley Hitch information .

At home pulling into the driveway, and back to the pad, (behind the fence) went well. I was concerned about hitting the sidewalk, as we did with the other trailer. We put the boards down just to be sure, but I don't think we would have hit anyway which is very good. I have heard that with the Hensley backing up is a little different, takes a little longer to respond to changes in direction, more like a fifth wheel. But it went quite well for the first time. Not so well when he unhitched. He forgot to put the tongue (or whatever you call that) so when he pulled the van out, the trailer droped down on the hitch. Luckily his 85 year old Aunt and I were sitting down inside, and with the new unpacked gravel, no harm was done to the hitch. Don't think he will make that mistake again.

I will take some more pictures tomorrow and post them.

2Air, regarding the heat pump, we were plugged into a 30 AMP outlet, which we had installed by the trailer pad a few years ago. I think it might not have started on the heat pump because it was so very cold.

TB, thanks, found that the reset button on the propane alarm must be held in for 5 - 10 seconds to reset, then all was quiet and the dog stopped shaking

And I figured out how to work the 10 disc CD changer today. It works just fine.

Diane
Old 12-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #56

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Just a note, when you first switch on the thermostat and call for air conditioning or heat from the heat pump, there will be a delay before the start of the unit. I think its more of a situation of the timer that is built into the thermostat which prevents the compresssor from starting too soon after either a normal cycle or a power interruption. At first this used to drive me crazy but the more I though about it I realized that this was the protection cycle that was causing the delay.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #57
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernermom
...2Air, regarding the heat pump, we were plugged into a 30 AMP outlet, which we had installed by the trailer pad a few years ago...
30 amp AND a trailer pad at home! you lucky dogs....

good to see you made it up the curb without dragging, bummer about droping the tongue!

there goes that fancy orange paint!

IF you got road salt on the trailer driving home, rinse it off asap, this might delay the corrosion a week or 2

enjoy the new! it's all good.

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Yes we were planning to wash off the road salt tomorrow. It is too cold today, but tomorrow should be in the 40's.

My husband's Aunt is 85, and still full timing in an RV. She is a hoot! She has a Born Free, but has owned two AS's in her time. She sometimes parks in our drive for a few days, so we installed the 30 AMP for her, but it comes in handy for us as well!

Forgot to mention our other issue when we came home. Our drive way is concrete, and then a fence opens to the trailer pad. With the snow melting from the roof, and coming out the drain spout right by the fence gate, we had an icey area where the drive meets the gravel pad. My husbands wheels started spinning and we got stuck on the ice. Had to put some ice melter (Paw safe ice melter of course) and wait a bit for the ice to melt. Just a little to add to the adventure!

Diane
Old 12-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #59
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Great Diane. I have the parts for a 30 amp exterior receptacle, but haven't installed it yet. We've been plugged into a 20 amp receptacle inside the shop/garage for now and don't really need shore power for now.

Glad you didn't wipe out when you got to the dealer, got the alarm to shut off and have happily parked it for the time being. Broken in yet?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
What a great way to finish up the year - your new Airstream plugged in beside the house and just waiting for camping season. Let the games begin. It's always neat when family and friends come past for a viewing.

Enjoy, and glad you got the early bugs sorted out. Can you imagine how tough it was for new Airstream owners to figure out their rigs before this forums became available? Every dealer should be making sure their new customers have logged in and introduced themselves.

And Merry Christmas

Barry