OK kids, here they are:
I made sun covers for the wheels and now there is room to get my hands behind the tires to get them hooked over the top. I estimate now there is 1.5" between frame and tires and 2" inside the outer body shell.
Outside of replacing the power unit with the Iota unit and installing the battery minder and rebuilding the underside of the kitchen counter doubling the undersink space all the way to the hull wall and making it strong enough to hold lots of weight by the judicial application of columns pocket hole screwed to the deck for support this is the best thing I have done for her yet.
As indicated the towing characteristics have improved greatly.
The tires that were on it were LT235X75X15 Firestone Steeltex Raidals R4S Load Range C and the replacements are LT225X75X16 Load Range E and the new rims are ZERO offset from Tredit in Athens, Georgia. The diameter of these new tires is only 3/8" larger so I have plenty of clearance to put them on and take them off.
Another plus option, it is noted the center hole in the Tredit wheels is larger and having removed the AS wheels with the small hole and putting them all on I find these are easier to align the bolt holes. I just rotated hub till a hole lined up at 3:00 and put it in, then I rotate that one down to 6:00 and I could put one in at 12:00 and kept rotating them around and put in the other four.
Since these were new rims I wanted to make sure all the lug bolts found their natural center so I finger tightened them all as I rotated the wheel to where I could not longer get any movement and then I started tightening them alternating side to side a little at a time and pulled them up nice and even and used a Torqueometer to equalize them.
I am really grateful for the guys that posted on the original long post that gave me the idea of going LT and LARGER rims as it has made a tremendous difference. I thought it had excellent pull characteristics before but now it is OUTSTANDING ! ! ! ! !
The old tires have about 90% tread left and I pulled it 1700 miles last August with no problems at all but I don't know the age of them and there is a little sun cracking on them that was there when I bought it so now I have four spares so to speak. But then again if I sell them I will make another trip back to Athens and get two more for spares and sew up a cover for them so they will never see sunlight unless I am checking air pressure.