Old 06-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #15
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Funkill wins. I'm just glad to get them out of my garage and into someones hands who can use them.

biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Whoo-pee!!

I'll let Ophelia (aka Silver Olive) she'll be getting some new dress shoes for our trip.

Laura

Old 06-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I am looking for some good 73 hubcaps and I saw those you mentioned on e-bay. I still have my old ones but my clips are bad. I had somebody e-mail that they would sell me theirs for $50.00 each, but I was trying to figure out how to fix the clips on my old hub caps. I don't want to buy hubcaps with brittle clips.

I just take my hub caps on vacation with me and put them on when I camp. It works for now. I have tried all the internet hub cap places and I have bought new hubcaps but they won't stay on.

Somebody recommended using small sheet metal screws and anchor them to the rim. That just seemed to risky for me.

Brian
Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I'm glad you are happy. I hope you like them. It's been a year since I've laid eyes on them. They are in no way perfect. But they stayed on the trailer. I removed them to go with the baby moon trim ring look. I just don't want you to expect too much of them.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
BigGoofBall:

Where did you buy your baby moons and outer rings? How much did you pay for everything. I was considering that option. Are you happy with them?

Brian
Old 06-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I bought the cheapest plastic chrome rings I could find. I think ebay. or JC Whitney.

The baby's I got from ebay. they have an "Airstream" script type sticker in the center that has been slowly coming off over the past year. i'm pretty sure that seller is still on there. And has the baby moons available w/o the sticker so do that.

happy? - trim rings are great! couldn't be happier. bang for the buck best visual mod. baby's are really nice, beautiful, in fact. My steel wheels are original and the clips are brittle so I need to be careful when mounting the moons. The problem comes when attempting to remove. It is near impossible to get a screw driver between the cap and the wheel to pry it off. Obviously I got to find this out when attempting to change a flat.

I have a technique now and will not do damage to another baby moon, but the one that had to come off has some ... issues. You cannot see them from a helicopter though.

So, overall I'm supremely happy with the look. mostly satisfied with the quality. I have a photo around here somewhere .... oh yeah! justl click the link in my signature.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Painesville Twp , Ohio
I hope I'm not hijacking this post, but I just got a 72 overlander with hubcaps like mentioned above. I want new wheels (rims?) to go with my old hubcaps. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
In looking to make my spare, I found these wheels. I am not certain they will hold the hubs, but I'm hoping so!

15" Trailer Wheel

If someone knows otherwise, please alert!!!!

Laura