Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Angry HELP HELP HELP!! Lug nuts & Stems

A lug nut stem- one on each wheel hub sheered off. So my mechanic & I took the wheels off , then the hub that has the stems attached. There is a plate on the back of this hub which is rivited to the hub then the stems go in from there. I cannot find these stems & according to the shop where I took these hubs to get the plate taken off- these stems have a different shoulder then a regular stem that you can buy at any parts store....can anyone help me out? Where can I get these? What about the grease seals-...where can I get these?
Chitown AirStreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
What trailer do you have, and what brakes do you have on the trailer?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

66 SAFARI , not sure of the brand of electric brakes that are on her...
Chitown AirStreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I got wheel seals from Napa for our Overlander (12" brakes), and got seals from both Napa and local trailer service shop. The best thing is to pop one out, and run it over to either your local auto parts store or trailer repair shop, and they should have what you need. The trailer repair shop will probably have the studs you need as well. The hubs and drums seem to be the same as found on larger equipment trailers. I'll check my records and see if I have any part numbers for you.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown AirStreamers View Post
A lug nut stem- one on each wheel hub sheered off. So my mechanic & I took the wheels off , then the hub that has the stems attached. There is a plate on the back of this hub which is rivited to the hub then the stems go in from there. I cannot find these stems & according to the shop where I took these hubs to get the plate taken off- these stems have a different shoulder then a regular stem that you can buy at any parts store....can anyone help me out? Where can I get these? What about the grease seals-...where can I get these?
We have some of the old "stems".

Please forward a photo with dimensions.

To replace the stems, you must first remove the armature plate from the hub and drum. You can refasten them with flush bolts and regular nuts.

If your grease seals are marked 292100, the only place that will have them is Airstream.

We ordered some, and they were off by about 1/4 inch.

I don't know if Airstream received the correct seals as yet.

We used to have those seals made. But today, we still can have them made, if we purchase 500 of them. No thanks.

Andy
Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote