Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Wheels, Hubs & Bearings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Chicagoland , Illinois
14" wheels to 15" wheel on single axle.

After reading the horror stories about the Goodyear ST tires on multi-axle AS trailers, I'm concerned that I may need to replace my tires on my single-axle Bambi. Unfortunately, tire choices in 14" are limited, and none appear to be acceptable options. My current tires are brand new 215/75R14 Carlisle Radial Trail RHs that the seller put on before we bought the trailer.

Has anyone tried to increase the diameter of their Bambi's wheels to 15" or beyond? If so what tire did you settle on? Are you happy with the end result? Any suggestions on what I should do to increase the reliability of my tires would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Airrogant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
K.C. , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airrogant View Post
After reading the horror stories about the Goodyear ST tires on multi-axle AS trailers, I'm concerned that I may need to replace my tires on my single-axle Bambi. Unfortunately, tire choices in 14" are limited, and none appear to be acceptable options. My current tires are brand new 215/75R14 Carlisle Radial Trail RHs that the seller put on before we bought the trailer.

Has anyone tried to increase the diameter of their Bambi's wheels to 15" or beyond? If so what tire did you settle on? Are you happy with the end result? Any suggestions on what I should do to increase the reliability of my tires would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
In 14" I am so far very happy with Kumho 857. These are LT commercial tires rated for trailers.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....del=Radial+857

In 15" one to consider could be Good Year Cargo G26
gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote