Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #1

Victoria , Texas
Where to buy Class III receiver for Lincoln Mark VIII

I have found Class II receivers for my 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII but so far, no luck in finding a vendor who builds Class III receivers. Anyone know where I might find one?
Ed Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Ed,

I can help you out with a vendor in Southern California, but it won't do you much good in Texas.

Look for a trailer repair shop and ask around. How about a horse trailer shop?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hall View Post
I have found Class II receivers for my 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII but so far, no luck in finding a vendor who builds Class III receivers. Anyone know where I might find one?
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #3

Victoria , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Ed,

I can help you out with a vendor in Southern California, but it won't do you much good in Texas.

Look for a trailer repair shop and ask around. How about a horse trailer shop?

Bill
Bill,

Please list that vendor in Southern California. I'm actually currently in Ventura, CA but will be moving in several weeks to Texas. I'm going to use the Lincoln to tow a car dolly. The only readily available hitches are Class II hitches rated at 3500 lbs but the weight of the vehicle I'm towing and the car dolly combined will be closer to 5000 lbs.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Ed,

Orange Muffler Service in Orange. He has a website. He fabricated the hitch on my Lincoln in addition to the plug wiring and brake controller installation.

Bill

BTW, we will be in Santa Barbara this weekend at the Earl Warren Fairgrounds for an El Camino Real unit rally. Leaving for Santa Barbara tomorrow and staying through Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hall View Post
Bill,

Please list that vendor in Southern California. I'm actually currently in Ventura, CA but will be moving in several weeks to Texas. I'm going to use the Lincoln to tow a car dolly. The only readily available hitches are Class II hitches rated at 3500 lbs but the weight of the vehicle I'm towing and the car dolly combined will be closer to 5000 lbs.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #5

Victoria , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Ed,

Orange Muffler Service in Orange. He has a website. He fabricated the hitch on my Lincoln in addition to the plug wiring and brake controller installation.

Bill

BTW, we will be in Santa Barbara this weekend at the Earl Warren Fairgrounds for an El Camino Real unit rally. Leaving for Santa Barbara tomorrow and staying through Sunday.
Oh wow, have a nice weekend trip to Santa Barbara. That's a very nice area that we'll definitely miss when we move. But the positive side of it is that we can always go camp there when the weather gets too hot in TX.

Thanks for the recommendation. With a proper hitch and proper tranny cooling, I believe this Mark VIII is a lot more capable than the 2000 lb rating it was assigned. It has 295 hp, rear wheel drive, 3.27 rear end, same transmission as in the F-150, leveling air suspension, long wheel base and ABS brakes.