Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #113
4 Rivet Member
2001 25' Safari
London , Ontario
Originally Posted by yakman

When installing the HAHA, did you run into any problems with the existing WD brackets or holes that are already drilled for the other hitch? Are you able to leave them on or would they have to be removed? Or better yet, can you use the same holes.. that would be ideal, but doubtful.

Speaking of holes being drilled.. beware that your 7 pin electrical cable runs along the inside of that A frame up there. Unfortunately my tech found it on my WD hitch install and it shorted at the dealer. Thankfully there and not 500 miles down the road. I lost my right rear light via a blown fuse on the TV.

Hi Doug; Sorry, I have no idea! We haven't taken possession of our Safari yet. As part of the deal, the dealer has to transfer the Hensley from our Trail Cruiser to the Safari, which currently has a EZ-Lift hitch. I expect the dealer will remove all of the existing EZ-Lift hardware (I certainly don't want anything left on).

I installed the Hensley on my then-new Trail Cruiser myself and had no problems, so I'm not expecting there'll be a problem with the Safari. (The dealer, Can-Am, specializes in Airstreams and Hensleys). The Hensley only requires that you drill two small holes per bracket and you can drill from the top or sides of the bracket, so I doubt there would be a conflict with any existing holes. The only problems that can crop up on some trailers is the location of the brackets may conflict with battery or tank frame supports, in which case they have to be moved.

Don't forget that in most cases you have to lengthen the safety chains, break-away cable and umbilical too.

Gary & Debbie
2001 Safari 25 SS
2011 Chevy Traverse 3.6L AWD Hensley DirecLink McKesh
Set-up by Can-Am RV
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #114
2 Rivet Member
2006 28' Safari SE
Halifax , Nova Scotia, CANADA
Originally Posted by markdoane

Our patent system is totally broken. When the original Hensley patent was issued, it was already in bad shape. The original patent has expired, and I am wondering why no one has jumped into the market.

Then I tried to read the claims on the new 2005 Hensley patent. What a joke! Totally incomprehensible! No one is going to challenge that patent because it is written is such a way that it would take a patent lawyer a year ($$$) to understand it. .....
Typical of patent lawyers, they have a language all their own. I have my name on several patents, and I can't understand my own after the patent lawyers were through with it!

No devious scheming on Hensley's part I am sure.

If you need to turn on your air conditioner,you've gone too far south!

2006 Safari SE 28W/LS,
2006 Silverado 2500HD/LT EC SB 4x4 Duramax/Allison,
Hensley Arrow , Honda EU2000i (propane),
160W Solar, 400W sinewave inverter,
3-stage smart charger, Xantrex battery monitor,
Sirius satelite radio
jzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #115
Site Team
, Minnesota
On my patents, I write everything but the Claims. The Claims are the only things in a patent that matter besides the filing date or issue date. The rest is just window dressing and jello.

I think each claim should be limited to no more than one sentence of less than 200 words. The claim I copied above (Claim No. 13 of I don't remember) had over one thousand words, in a single sentence.

markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote