Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #85
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstream'n
If you'd pay as much as double then my decision is made right?????
look at your investment in the tv and trailer...

what is THAT figure?

consider the haha (and other hitches) as a % of that figure.

think about your towing experience....

how much travel do you expect to do and on what type of roads and at what speed?

how much is NO brown seat stains worth to ya?

besides the friggin hitch is FREE for 60 days....

and IF you decided to sell it on day 61 you will quickly recoup most of the purchase price...

now back to your 'price' question, i WOULD pay more IF the damn thing weren't orange or came with a tougher coating...

now why don't you join us over in the ultimate haha thread?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cumberland , RI
Thanks for the response. I've seen your work over at the other thread. Nice job. If money were no object it's no problem but it has to factor in somewhere and that's where I'm considering.........

WBCCI #1199 - AIR #23847
NEU
LIFE IS GOOD
RIstream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #87
_

. , .
Quote:
If money were no object it's no problem but it has to factor in somewhere and that's where I'm considering.........
and i think every haha user appreciates that issue and decision process....

maybe that's the limitation of the 60 day trial offer...

folks who clearly cannot afford the product might like it SO much after using it that holding on to it is a financial problem....

there is one a/s dealer who has worked out for customers who want it...

including the haha with new purchases so as to soften the initial $ impact.

regardless, i do hope your a/s towing experience and travel adventures all go well....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #88
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
I thought I saw a mention in the thread somewhere about Hensley having a "nice payment plan" that you could use. I did not notice that on their website.

I'd certainly like to demo one back to back with my TV on an equal trailer on the same date and conditions.

For some, I imagine $3000 is a cheaper fix than running out and buying a bigger, better tow vehicle. A sedan and a 34 ft Classic don't mix. Talk about trouble waiting to happen.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #89
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakman
A sedan and a 34 ft Classic don't mix. Talk about trouble waiting to happen.
Newton's Third Law of Motion. It's fortunate that Hensley was able to get it repealed.

JUST KIDDING GUYS! Don't flame me...

Roger
Old 10-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakman
I thought I saw a mention in the thread somewhere about Hensley having a "nice payment plan" that you could use. I did not notice that on their website.

I'd certainly like to demo one back to back with my TV on an equal trailer on the same date and conditions.

For some, I imagine $3000 is a cheaper fix than running out and buying a bigger, better tow vehicle. A sedan and a 34 ft Classic don't mix. Talk about trouble waiting to happen.
From time to time Hensley sells rebuilt units with the lifetime warranty. This is the route I took and ended up with a hitch which was just a couple of years old, we determined the age by comparing serial numbers. Here are the pictures of my hitch as received from the factory. Hensley is very easy to do business with.

Link to pictures of install. msg 203
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f464...tml#post362490
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #91
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Hitch Is A Done Deal

Quote:
So there's no cut off? You'd pay double? It's that needed? I'm not trying to help Hensley. I'm sure if they thought they could get more they would. My point with the question was to find out where your break point was because 1k is the break point for some and 3k might as well be 10k to those people. I haven't purchased my hitch yet so I read these debates with great interest not to spar. I just figure if you can't {shouldn't} do without it how much is it worth to you. It must be worth more if needed right????? If you're willing to pay more than that's a heck of a testimonial. If you'd pay as much as double then my decision is made right?????
I paid retail for the Hensley, and it's worth the investment.

Could not happier with the decision

Is it worth more, probabily not. Is it worth what I paid, definitely!!!

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #92
_

. , .
guys, i don't think the o.p. is planning a purchase, not really, really...

take a look at these terms at the wiki...

Trolls (Internet)
Baiting (Internet)
Hit-and-run posting
Flaming (Internet)
Thread breaking
Gadfly (social)
Breaching experiment
Virtual community
Sockpuppet (Internet)
Ostracism
Schadenfreude
Griefer

and select one.

now neither of the links actually apply to ANYONE posting in this thread or ANY THREAD here,

but they are fun to read...

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Subtle Art of Trolling

cheers
2air' (running for the fire safe room)

Old 10-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #93
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
I don't know, Joe. He may be, but if you read back through this thread with a disinterested perspective, the evangelical-type beliefs espoused by Hensley owners and some of the less-than-pleasant responses posted by Hensley "true believers" in response to reasonable questions when some of the basic sales claims are challenged cause one to take pause.

$3,000 for a hitch is a lot of money, regardless of your financial status and not everyone is willing to spend that kind of money on faith.

Roger
Old 10-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Norfolk , Virginia
Hensley Hitch

I made a small model of the Hensley hitch (with popsicle sticks) based on their pictures and their stated geometric principals.
I figured out on my own that the hitch will perform as advertised, that is, it converts your bumper pull trailer to a fifth wheel which will virtually eliminate the "sway" or fishtail problem.
The Pullrite does the same thing only simply. This simple way of doing the same thing does not mean that the Hensley is less reliable because it has more moving parts, it just meand that Pullrite and Hensley went about solving the same problem differently (don't you just love living in America) differently (one truck mounted [pulltire] one trailer mounted [Hensley]).
The big pill is the price.
They both work as advertised.
Beginner
Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #95
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
... not everyone is willing to spend that kind of money on faith....Roger
agree completely, but i cannot ignore the ol' reliable detector...

as trust's grandpaw used to say...

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/93/Trusty_disney.jpg/180px-Trusty_disney.jpg

and i try not to spend any money on faith...

belief can be FREE, on all sides...

cheers
2air' ("still lovable, but dumb as a post")
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #96
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner
I made a small model of the Hensley hitch (with popsicle sticks) based on their pictures and their stated geometric principals.... it converts your bumper pull trailer to a fifth wheel which will virtually eliminate the "sway" or fishtail problem....
good go beginner!

but the 5th wheel analogy is incomplete...

so are virtually every model/mock up/lego kit example....

UNLESS the strut bars are included in the model...

DID YOU INCLUDE STRUT BAR sticks too?

the strut bars are ignored in most of the threads....

i've towed with and without the struts in play....

without, the haha has similar traits with 5ers and the pullrite

but when properly adjusted this single feature completely changes the linkage and trailer behavior...

the pullrite and others simply DO NOT connect tv2trailer in the same way,

sway isn't possible, how clear can we make that? not less, not reduced, not controlled...

it cannot happen (unless something breaks) in the natural world with the haha...

it is NOT just a 4-bar linkage with a virtual pivot point...

this issue is virtually impossible to explain or appreciate without being there, and hitchinhand....

some day a model with the struts included might help...

i see a computer cad graphic mock up...who's gonna make it?

cheers
2air'

Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #97
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
Do people with big boats or horse trailers use a Hensley?

From what I've seen in the packet and DVD's testimonials they seem to be marketing to the senior citizen with a travel trailer.

Does anyone know of a person who has totaled their rig from a swaying mishap? If so, what were they towing and what were they towing with? They show a couple of wrecks in the DVD, but IMHO, if you turn that TV sharp enough, you're going to be in trouble regardless of what hitch you have.

Troll? I don't think so. It's an open forum discussion on what swayed you to spend $3000 on a "one trailer" hitch. The only people in the forum that seem to be heated are owners themselves. Not many of the owners have discussed their inability to tweak a WD hitch or upgrade their tow vehicle over time. We're just getting "We wanted it, so we bought it." This is to be more of a discussion about your trials and tribulations leading up to purchase.

Some of my concerns have been stated: With my WD hitch, which was set up by my dealer, I hauled the 25ft AS through the mountains of NC, VA, and WV and it felt rock solid behind me. I can't imagine anything being that much better than my $500 hitch with friction sway bar. My AS is stored in secured lot, but I wonder if you could lock up the HAHA? I'd hate to see it stolen. Another concern for the money spent. I can only use it on one trailer? If I decided to pick up a vintage down the road, it's not easily interchangeable.

Cheers,

Doug
Old 10-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #98
_

. , .
i've provided links 4 you and 'how' to find the responses to your query already.

since the folks here (all senior citizens) are towing a/s HOW would any of us be able to report on boats and horses...

try asking your question on the boat and horse forums.

i can suggest that boats for the most part have...

LESS frontal wind issues, lower centers of gravity and axles set farther back, with higher tongue loads as a % of total weight...

the observation that many folks with 5'ers ALSO attach a boat for a 3 unit rig, suggest stable ball towing...

but i sure don't like passing or following these folks at interstate speeds and in heavy traffic...

also most boats go to/from the dock within 50-100 miles from home.

the majority of modern horse trailers ride lower than rvs,
have their wheels set OUTSIDE the main body, which improves stability
and gooseneck designs seems to predominate now...

YES many wrecks have been recounted here involving sway.

almost every year at least ONE wb' member totals a trailer going to the international rally.

determining cause online is an issue, but we almost always ask about rig setup, hitch, tv, conditions and so on...

again these mishaps are IN many other threads...

i have yet to read about even ONE that has a haha involved, of course, that means NOTHING, and it no doubt has happened somewhere/sometime.

here is ONE for you which i'm sure doesn't qualify for your purposes...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f238...rol-17986.html

again there are literally scores of threads with accident info...

and hundreds of posts suggesting that "the dealer set me up" or "the dealer said blah, blah" ...

may not be the best advice.

that you "can't imagine" anything being better/different doesn't mean the differences don't exist.

and even IF the differences do exist and you become aware of them doesn't mean...

you need to buy into it, whatever it is.

as porkypig (another senior citizen haha owner) said in one of those threads you've yet to read...

"expensive sure, and i'm worth every penny"

and there are many great answers graciously provided for you on this topic right here in this thread too...

cheers
2air'