View Poll Results: What type of hitch do you use?
Just the ball 10 6.37%
Weight distribution with friction bar 32 20.38%
Equal-I-Zer 32 20.38%
Dual Cam 38 24.20%
Pullrite 0 0%
Pivot point projection (Hensley, Propride) 45 28.66%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
Rivet Master
 
StreamNTyme's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 699
Images: 27
ProPride is a good unit, easier to use, however, my husband looked up the Patent and it was for a lighter duty trailer. Now they could have beefed up the hitch and maybe got another Patent but we have no information regarding that possibility. So I stand by my statement for now.
__________________

__________________
StreamNTyme
StreamNTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #44
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Thumbs up Relativity....

If you use a Hensley....

If you use a PP....

If you use a EQ....

If you use a MM....

It's the BEST with without question...in your mind.

Bob
__________________

__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #45
Rivet Master
 
StreamNTyme's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 699
Images: 27
that is a ridiculous statement
so a compact car is the same as a big sedan as a SUV as an F250 truck
__________________
StreamNTyme
StreamNTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #46
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
AW.....did I hurt your feelings? Sorry

Bob
__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #47
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,135
Images: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
AW.....did I hurt your feelings? Sorry

Bob
Bob, If you mean me, not at all. I agree with your statement about everyone thinks theirs is the best, not just hitches, but tires, TV and just about anything else in their lives. It is defensive mechanism, no one wants to admit that they might have made a mistake in an expensive purchase decision. Personally I really don't like my new TV, it is just not growing on me. Hopefully it will be replaced shortly.
__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #48
Rivet Master
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
If you use a Hensley....

If you use a PP....

If you use a EQ....

If you use a MM....

It's the BEST with without question...in your mind.

Bob
Of course, if we didn't think it was the best, we would have bought something different. However, EVERYTHING has it's good points, and bad points. For an example, I'm not too crazy about the weight of the ProPride, and the Hensley. Fortunately, with the TV I have, it's not an issue, but if I had to remove it entirely at every hitch-up, it would be a show stopper.
__________________
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
ProPride is a good unit, easier to use, however, my husband looked up the Patent and it was for a lighter duty trailer. Now they could have beefed up the hitch and maybe got another Patent but we have no information regarding that possibility. So I stand by my statement for now.

This argument is straight from Hensley Mfg. They send out an email about it daily. It gets forwarded to me at least three times a week. It's funny that there are THOUSANDS of customers using the hitch, some on trailers up to 35' and 13,000lb, and yet people continue to not realize how a patent is applied and how a product can be designed.

There are countless testimonials from LARGE trailer customers so there IS information regarding that possibility. If one can look up a patent then surely one can find those MANY testimonials that contradict the ridiculous Hensley Mfg claim. I wonder why they do not have someone smart enough to figure that out.

There is a thread on THIS forum that is now 32 pages long (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f464/the-unofficial-pp-users-guide-57179.html) started by a man that tows a 34' Airstream. That's about as big as they get, right? He HAD the Arrow and now has the 3P. Do you think he would have said something about it being a product for lighter duty trailers?

Didn't mean to hijack, OP. Just needed to point out, once again, how ridiculous the statement about lighter trailers actually is.
__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #50
Rivet Master
 
StreamNTyme's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 699
Images: 27
You are the vendor! Of course you are prejudice. You don't have to be nasty.
__________________
StreamNTyme
StreamNTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #51
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
You are the vendor! Of course you are prejudice. You don't have to be nasty.
I don't think I am being nasty by proving the argument false, am I?

Please read what I posted.

I AM NOT using my own prejudice in stating the facts that there are multiple examples, in many locations around the internet, that completely prove the small trailer argument to be FALSE.
__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #52
Rivet Master
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,311
I tow a 31' with the ProPride, and have two friends that have/do tow 31 footers with the ProPride without problems.

However, I do have one friend that tows a 34' with a Hensley, and he personally tells me that he has had one of the bars break while towing, and now carries a spare in case he breaks another. Seems it is a commonly known problem.

And, one of our club members had a roll-over accident while towing a 31' with a Hensley hitch. It too had a broken bar, but I do not know if the accident was a result of, or caused by the broken bar.
__________________
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #53
Rivet Master
 
StreamNTyme's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 699
Images: 27
Sean why don't you put the patent specs out?
__________________
StreamNTyme
StreamNTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #54
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
You are the vendor! Of course you are prejudice. You don't have to be nasty.
I am curious about something.

You have posted four times to a thread that is supposed to be a survey.
Each post has has been progressively more confrontational. Why is that?

I suggest that you be happy with the fact that you have the greatest hitch system made and stop trying to force the rest of us to believe it. Near as I can tell, up until you posted, no one else made negative comments about a hitch they had never used and perhaps never even seen.

Just for the record, Over the span of 20 years I have pulled three different travel trailers using everything from a simple ball mount to two different version of the Equal-I-zer and finally with the ProPride. I tow a 2010 Classic 31. It has a max gross weight of 10,000 Lbs. It tows much better with the ProPride than either of the much lighter trailers towed with any other hitch.

This is what I would like to ask of you:

Please don't post disparaging comments about other hitch systems you have never used based on third party hearsay and your interpretations of something you read on the internet.

If you wish to post your engineering licenses and the results of your tests of the other hitches, then I would read them eagerly.

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #55
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
Sean why don't you put the patent specs out?

You can look up the patent anywhere patents are posted. Didn't you say above that you already did?

Or, let's just pretend it isn't patented, like the Arrow isn't anymore.

Patents are not proof of effectiveness. I prefer to let the market support that with proof.
__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #56
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Of course, if we didn't think it was the best, we would have bought something different. However, EVERYTHING has it's good points, and bad points. For an example, I'm not too crazy about the weight of the ProPride, and the Hensley. Fortunately, with the TV I have, it's not an issue, but if I had to remove it entirely at every hitch-up, it would be a show stopper.
Steve,
It would be a real PITA at every hook-up, but it hasn't kept me from putting it to bed every Winter.

FWIW.....I've known Sean here on the boards ever since getting the Hensley and I know for a fact that he would NEVER offer to the public an un-safe or underrated product, believe it.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08227.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	433.7 KB
ID:	158018  
__________________

__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.