Old 04-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #15
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Originally posted by RoadKingMoe
Not if they had a receiver lock through the drawbar.
Good point.

Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:44 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Thenewkid64 shared a design feature of my Reese Weight Distributing Hitch at the Blues Springs Forum Rally a couple of weeks ago. The spring bars have a hole in the drawbar side which just happens to be the same diameter as the adjustment chains' U-bracket "lifting pin" (the part where I use a cheater pipe to snap the bracket into position).

This picture shows the bars in their stored position.

Thanks Brett!

TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2012 23' Flying Cloud
West Linn , Oregon
I don't lock them up and don't worry about it - life is too short. Although maybe if I had a Hensley I would! I just have a simple Eaz-lift system. When I'm camped I have a foot-long 2x4 that I stand on it's side under the tongue, and another small 1x4 and I simply hang the corner end of the bars over the 2x4, with the greasy part resting on the small board. The drop bar ass'y comes out of the receiver and goes under the front of the trailer. At home it all goes under the back end of the trailer, pretty much out of sight. I have left my trailer for a week at a time in RV parks - never a problem.
2012 Flying Cloud 23-D
1971 Safari 23 (sold)
71_safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:10 PM   #18
Rivet Master
I use the cheap plastic disposable mitts the ones that you use when pumping diesel.
When finished removing the WD bars I grab the grease end and slide the mitt over end of the bar and put them in the rear slide drawer. I have clean hands and the inside of the clean mitts keep the grease fron getting on stuff.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
On my 2004 Bambi I put everything in the back storage compartment. Fits really well even though the compartment is not that wide it is deep.

ardenrj is offline   Reply With Quote