Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2003, 07:10 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Weight Distributing Hitch

Greetings,

As a novice to the R/V world, I am finding myself having a lot of questions. I have been recommended by many dealers to use the Equal-i-zer hitch and plan on doing so.

I have been told by many people that one of the main advantages of the Equal-i-zer hitch is the fact that it offers weight distribution.

My tow vehicle is a 2003 GMC 1500HD. The car is equipped with a heavy duty trailering package. One of the advantages of this package is that the package includes a weight distributing hitch.

Am I doubling up? Is this OK?

Josh
joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:16 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Fun-Lovin
The tow vehicle comes with a receiver hitch. The weight distribution system wont come with the tow vehicle, it will be the adjustable parts that slide into the trucks receiver and have 2 brackets on the trailer with the distribution bars that run between the two. So you are talking about 2 different things here. Good luck.
WBCCI # 3516
Fun-Lovin is offline   Reply With Quote