Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG
2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Hi Carl,

Ours do not have a hole in the end, unfortunately! I think I remember my husband somehow storing them once so they formed a V at the front of the trailer (though I cannot visualize how he did it right now, will have to go out and take a look), so being able to hang plants off of them would be lovely :-)

We've lived in high theft areas before, where even relatively "usless" things to the other person would be taken just for fun, so we are over-cautious. Practically everything gets locked up, at least at night, genie always on a lock (someone prepared with good wire cutters could still win the prize, though!), a closed door or window is a locked door or window, that kind of thing. Even the truck is locked when we are right there on site! Old habit haven't broken yet.

Right now we live in an area where many people do not lock their door, some have admited they lost their key long ago (!) and do not hesitate to leave all day and leave windows open. Wish I could relax like that! Hyper-vigilancy is stressfull :-)

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Originally Posted by Roamin Cat View Post
Well, we worry about the possible expensive inconvenience if one or both bars "walked away". Also, we thought unneccessary exposure to the elements should be avoided.

Understand ypur concerns, and surely there is no guarantee, but generally speaking, folks in campgrounds are a very upright and honest bunch!

In forty years of camping, we have yet to have anything "Grow legs" There, I've probably jinxed myself now!

We did originally store stuff inside with plastic bags over the greasy bits, but it was still a hassle and the grease still managed to get where you don't want it!

The only thing we "sometimes" lock up when we leave the trailer at a campsite is our mountain bikes - I doubt we really need to, but they just seem too mobile!

I can understand you wanting to keep the hitch parts looking "Pristine" if you are new to this and they are brand new, but they really won't be harmed by the elements in my view.

In response to your original question though, I wouldn't think there would be any problem at all in storing the bars in the bumper tray.

Happy Trails ......... Brian.

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is online now   Reply With Quote