Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
Tow Labyrinths

I read a post referring to "Goin Campin"'s toe method for turning off the bedroom light.

Tried the toe method. I hate those toe prints on the aluminum wall, since I miss sometimes.

But that reminded me of the "tow" method, of which I need to write.

So I got a new tow vehicle. Chevy 3/4 Silverado. The old 2" stinger rattled in the receiver. So I noticed, and (removed with a hammer) the sleeve that was making the racket. So now I have a 2.5" receiver. So I thought if some is good, more is better, so I ordered a 2.5" stinger. When getting that, I found I needed stronger torsion bars for the Reese. So I got that. Then I found the old hitch would not adjust high enough for a level trailer. So I got that.

At this time the wife noticed the old parts stacking up in the garage and suggested I get a new trailer too. After I made an offensive noise, she went back inside laughing...

But now I have a hitch that will stand up to anything! Plus lifting it up puts muscles on. Oh yeah, then I wanted a set of mudflaps that hang off the hitch for those winter and gravel trips. Oh, so sorry they don't make them for 2.5" hitches, but they are happy to fabricate one at extra charge. So I got that.

And then there was the Airstream 2" receiver cover. I had to duck tape it to keep it on.

ARRRRHHHHH.

Ah, now I feel better. I have that off my chest. Admitting the whole thing was cathartic. I suppose its cheap therapy. My inner child now just laughs rather than throwing things.
"Its better to light just one candle than to curse the darkness,
Unless you're blinded by the light..."
hshovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
And to think you would have missed all the fun, exercise, and therapy by simply going to Camping World, and purchasing a 2" receiver rattle eliminator for $5.99...
Old 02-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
And to think you would have missed all the fun, exercise, and therapy by simply going to Camping World, and purchasing a 2" receiver rattle eliminator for $5.99...
That was just mean.

My light switch is on a wooden wall so it won"t show the toe prints.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
That was just mean.

My light switch is on a wooden wall so it won"t show the toe prints.
Slivers are a bugger though.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
As life goes by, the old saying one thing leads to another is very true. I think that is why as we get older, we try less.

If you have ever watched The Simpsons, this will hit home as well. Homer had just lost his job at the at the Nuclear plant and his wife Marge wants to be a realtor to help the family. Homer in his self defeating outlook on life says " I don't know Marge, trying is the first step towards failure."
safari 28 is offline   Reply With Quote