Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #1205
4 Rivet Member
 
carver 1's Avatar
 
2011 30' Classic
2007 25' International CCD
1993 32' Excella
Largo , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 355
Images: 30
Pro Pride attachment

I just spoke with Sean and he informed me that he is working on an attachment for the PP to prevent the head from moving when you are somewhere and you have to use the ball gizmo on the stinger, such as when your having it serviced and the service person has to move your trailer and you are not there.

>>ron<<
__________________

__________________
2015 GMC Denali 2500, 4x4, Duramax diesel, Topper, Pro Pride 3 P, Sendel 16" with Michelin LTs, one Yellow Labrador Retriever (AS security)
carver 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #1206
Rivet Master
 
Arcticfox's Avatar

 
2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by carver 1 View Post
I just spoke with Sean and he informed me that he is working on an attachment for the PP to prevent the head from moving when you are somewhere and you have to use the ball gizmo on the stinger, such as when your having it serviced and the service person has to move your trailer and you are not there.

>>ron<<
This would be interesting......
Did Sean indicate how far away this might be?
Thanks

Doug
__________________

__________________
Trying to use my camera to create memories - not photographs!

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #1207
4 Rivet Member
 
carver 1's Avatar
 
2011 30' Classic
2007 25' International CCD
1993 32' Excella
Largo , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 355
Images: 30
He indicated that he would be out of town till next month and then will address the attachment.

>>ron<<
__________________
2015 GMC Denali 2500, 4x4, Duramax diesel, Topper, Pro Pride 3 P, Sendel 16" with Michelin LTs, one Yellow Labrador Retriever (AS security)
carver 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #1208
3 Rivet Member
 
Ohiobrits's Avatar
 
2015 27' FB International
Howard , Ohio
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Totally wild guess here and I don't pretend to know what's really going on....

When you have the cover off, see if the roll pin has broken. It can if you tighten with an electric drill (ask me how I know &#128563. If it did, you might have pieces of it stuck in a gear which could explain the tough movement.

Is the roll pin the item that is inserted to key the bevel gear to the hex input shaft? Pretty sure mine was still in there but I will take a look.
__________________
2015 27FB International Signature "Danielle"
ProPride / 16" wheels / 600W solar / 864 AHr Lithium
Victron MultiPlus Inverter / BlueSolar / ColorControlGX / BMV 702
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Ohiobrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #1209
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobrits View Post
Is the roll pin the item that is inserted to key the bevel gear to the hex input shaft? Pretty sure mine was still in there but I will take a look.

I'm not near my trailer and don't recall where the pin was located but your description sounds right to me. I was at a rally and snapped it with my drill. Bruce helped identify the broken part and told me how to find a replacement at the local hardware store. Then he told me to never use that tool on those jacks again and I said "yes sir" 😃


If it's not the pin, is anything else gunked up in the gears?
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #1210
3 Rivet Member
 
Ohiobrits's Avatar
 
2015 27' FB International
Howard , Ohio
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I'm not near my trailer and don't recall where the pin was located but your description sounds right to me. I was at a rally and snapped it with my drill. Bruce helped identify the broken part and told me how to find a replacement at the local hardware store. Then he told me to never use that tool on those jacks again and I said "yes sir" 😃


If it's not the pin, is anything else gunked up in the gears?

It feels like the whole threaded rod is worn since it is still and noisy all the way up and down. Do you (or anyone else) know how to disassemble the jack so I can inspect the threaded rod? Maybe you need to remove the bevel gear at the top, then withdraw the rod?

I'm seriously thinking about just putting my Eaz-Lift WD saddles back on in place of the jacks and reattaching the chains. Seems to me a much simpler setup. As a minimum I can carry one saddle plus the chain as an emergency "spare" if the jack does fail.
__________________
2015 27FB International Signature "Danielle"
ProPride / 16" wheels / 600W solar / 864 AHr Lithium
Victron MultiPlus Inverter / BlueSolar / ColorControlGX / BMV 702
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Ohiobrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #1211
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,867
I don't know how to disassemble it. Searched quite a bit for it in Google and YouTube - plenty of BAL products, but not that one! Can't find anything about it.
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #1212
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,867
Found this blog entry with pics that explain the roll pin but nothing else...

http://www.riveted-blog.com/2013/06/...-roll-pin.html

Good luck!
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #1213
3 Rivet Member
 
Ohiobrits's Avatar
 
2015 27' FB International
Howard , Ohio
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Found this blog entry with pics that explain the roll pin but nothing else...

http://www.riveted-blog.com/2013/06/...-roll-pin.html

Good luck!

Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to look this up. I'll do some more research and report back if I find anything useful.
__________________
2015 27FB International Signature "Danielle"
ProPride / 16" wheels / 600W solar / 864 AHr Lithium
Victron MultiPlus Inverter / BlueSolar / ColorControlGX / BMV 702
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Ohiobrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #1214
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,867
Sure thing. I'm just amazed I can find nothing on the jacks themselves! Even the BAL site itself has no information. Just weird!

You might want to call Sean. I don't know how hooking up your WD chains from another hitch might/might not work...

Even if the entire jack is toast, I bet Sean could ship one to you...

Good luck!
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #1215
3 Rivet Member
 
Echelon73's Avatar
 
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Mocksville , North Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 211
I finally finished installing my used ProPride yesterday and took the trailer down the road to test it out. All I can say is "WOW!" I only drove about 5 miles total, but I could definitely tell a difference. It really did tow better than my other WD system. When I got it backed in the spot at the house and went to unhook it though the WD bar was right below the jack. I have to back in at an angle and then turn real sharp right near the end to swing the front of the trailer around and straighten it up. I kept pulling up and then backing back up and finally got the bar out of the way enough to get the jack down. I have read some of this thread (not all though), but have not found any tips or tricks for this situation though. Has anyone come up with some neat tricks to get around this?
__________________
Echelon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #1216
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar

 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,463
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelon73 View Post
I finally finished installing my used ProPride yesterday and took the trailer down the road to test it out. All I can say is "WOW!" I only drove about 5 miles total, but I could definitely tell a difference. It really did tow better than my other WD system. When I got it backed in the spot at the house and went to unhook it though the WD bar was right below the jack. I have to back in at an angle and then turn real sharp right near the end to swing the front of the trailer around and straighten it up. I kept pulling up and then backing back up and finally got the bar out of the way enough to get the jack down. I have read some of this thread (not all though), but have not found any tips or tricks for this situation though. Has anyone come up with some neat tricks to get around this?

One thing to try is cranking down the weight distribution jacks prior to backing up. On my setup at least, that frees the WD bars to swing enough to get out of the way.

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #1217
Rivet Master
 
2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,244
Images: 1
Get positioned, then pull forward a couple of feet. Crank the wheel all the way over so that the back of TV will immediately swing the head as you back up. Backup a couple of feet. Tail usually doesn't move very much. Helps if you have a backup camera on the TV.
__________________
Gary
2015 Classic
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
ProPride
NVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #1218
Rivet Master
 
Arcticfox's Avatar

 
2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelon73 View Post
When I got it backed in the spot at the house and went to unhook it though the WD bar was right below the jack. I have to back in at an angle and then turn real sharp right near the end to swing the front of the trailer around and straighten it up. I kept pulling up and then backing back up and finally got the bar out of the way enough to get the jack down. I have read some of this thread (not all though), but have not found any tips or tricks for this situation though. Has anyone come up with some neat tricks to get around this?

I just backup where I want to position the trailer and then begin the unhitching process. Many times the WD bars are in the way because the hitch head in not centred over the "A-frame". I find this not to be big deal as I just crank down the WD bar that needs to be moved to clear. By cranking down only one bar you will shift the head over enough to clear the tailer jack. I have unhitched and hitched hundreds of times and this works every time

Hope this helps

Doug


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
__________________

__________________
Trying to use my camera to create memories - not photographs!

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking at new TVs, Input please Mr & Mrs S Tow Vehicles 46 03-16-2012 11:39 AM
DuraSafe Locks, Any Users ? knunut Off Topic Forum 3 02-08-2011 10:44 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.