Originally Posted by SRW
Ok, now what?...?
of the haha installation manual covers the zerks...
the installation manual is linked as a pdf file here is post #7
here is my version...
1. loosen the jacks until they are 'sloppy loose'
2. disconnect 1 spring bar from the jack assembles (pull the spring pins)
3. swing 1 spring bar wide and forward toward the tow vehicle.
4. the spring bar SHOULD slide down and out of the bushing now; if it doesn't continue to step 5/6 while SUPPORTING the spring bar.
5. loosen the 'lock nut' on the grease zerk
6. unscrew the zerk.
7. inspect zerk for wear/damage and test the tip/spring mechanism
8. replace zerk, screw in just far enough that the inner nipple is a few mm inside the bushing.
....a long finger inserted into the bushing will feel inner zerk tip.
9. tighten the lock nut, while holding the zerk stationary.
10. liberally grease the spring bar head and
11. with the spring bar rotated forward insert it into the bushing and push UP
12. rotate the spring bar wide and backward toward the trailer/tongue
13. reconnect to the lower jack extension and replace the spring pin.
basically that's the process
IF the zerk is OVER inserted the spring bar will not fit completely up inside the bushing or will not rotate back.
IF the zerk is UNDER inserted the spring bar will fall out.
look back at the pix around post #90, there is a groove in the spring bar, where the inner zerk tip fits.
this is pretty straight forward. take a look at the diagram on page 14 in the installation manual.