Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #2395
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Harlingen , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUKToad View Post
As you wish, Rendrag, but I think you see subterfuge where it doesn't exist.

I do wonder what motivates people who have never, and will never, own an Andersen hitch, to post on the Andersen Users thread that they don't like it, and would never buy one. Do they really think we are not able to realize what is advertising (my truck can tow a freight train) and what is fact? Thankfully, there are plenty of actual reports of the Andersen's strengths and weaknesses.

I am sure that many will agree that it is time for me to take my own advice and quit posting if I don't have something to report about the hitch. I am parked for a while, so don't have anything to add at this time.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #2396
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I read on another thread that someone is having problems with their propride. Using the logic of some here I have no choice but to assume that the propride has insurmountable issues and that it is totally unsafe with any trailer and is a hazard to every other vehicle on the highway.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #2397
1 Rivet Member

Princeton , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
May I ask if you know what brought your real axle weight up by 1,700 lbs when you hitched your 1,200 lbs trailer?

My 2004 Excursion has a dry real axle weight of 4,200 lbs, a loaded weight (without WD hitch) of 5,120, and a loaded weight (with WD hitch) of 5,000 lbs. While I have not weighed my tongue weight alone that, 800lbs, appears to be in what I would expect. Can you account for the extra weight?
Some of the weight may have been a full fuel tank. I'm guessing some came from the front axle. If weight comes off the front, I'm guessing it has to go somewhere. I had asked the same question on RV.net. wondered how I could gain more weight than my tongue. Ron helped explain it.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #2398
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Now you're really pushing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I read on another thread that someone is having problems with their propride. Using the logic of some here I have no choice but to assume that the propride has insurmountable issues and that it is totally unsafe with any trailer and is a hazard to every other vehicle on the highway.
Hi, the recent post about the Propride was about an unhitching problem; You really pushed that one.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 11-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #2399
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, the recent post about the Propride was about an unhitching problem; You really pushed that one.
No more so than certain detractors here do over and over again.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 11-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #2400
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' International
Corsicana , Texas
Ecoboost - Anderson- Safari

I love this thread although I can't possibly read it all.

My TV is a 2011 F150 Ecoboost with max tow package, 1760 lb payload. 2WD, 157 inch wheelbase. I have Yokohama Parada tires rated at 2,833 lbs each. My TT is a 2007 Safari 25FB. 830 lbs tongue weight and about 700 lbs of passengers and stuff in the truck bed. Anderson hitch. 88010 coupler.

I have traveled about 12,000 miles with this rig. No problems. The truck sets up within 3/4 inch of being level. The trailer is level. Pulls like a dream. I have practiced emergency braking and all is good. Steering seems no different than when unhitched.

I have not been on the scales, seems unnecessary to know all that.

The Anderson works great for my setup. Love the light weight, ease of hitching, and the reasonable cost.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #2401
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Bez, welcome to the thread and prepare to get ganged up on by the without the scale tickets your opinion is worthless crowd".

Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #2402
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Harlingen , Texas
Hey Bez, thanks for posting some actual information. Funny how people with adequate tow vehicles and compatible trailers have good results. Prepare to have your judgment questioned by the naysayers.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #2403

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
<<Mod Mode>> It seems of late that some would rather bash others with snide comments and insinuations. Frankly "gang" we're tired of the school playground antics. If you want to deride this thread rather than contribute in a meaningful way then take it elsewhere. For those who took the time and effort to post valid information and constructive input we appreciate your input. This thread is closed until further notice.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Closed Thread