Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #1

2008 28' Safari SE
Marble Falls , Texas
Pullrite hitches

Does anyone have towing experience with a Pullrite hitch? My TV is a 2004 Tundra and I am going to pull a 28' Safari. I don't want to worry about sway issues so if anyone has experience here please chime in. Thanks
Randal Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
If you look at the top of your FORUM page, there is a SEARCH feature. Click on that feature and type in "Pullrite hitch", and I got 292 responses on something like 6 plus pages. There should be information within those pages that will give you some help. Many folks have been responding lately about hitches so there is quite a bit of information within our own pages.

Good luck - we're always starting something new and the learning curve is very steep at times. I agree with you as I've been looking for my new AS for about three months now - and haven't yet found it. But, we all keep going forward. Again, good luck.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi randal and welcome to the forums!

better yet just search 'pullrite'...

about 2 pages of threads ...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/sear...earchid=864249

or limit it to the hitch forum and just a few dozen threads...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/sear...earchid=864252

want a little more ? limit to the 'towing, tow vehicle and hitches' section and ...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/sear...earchid=864255

see folks search REALLY is your friend! @airforums

cheers
2air'

btw randal that 2008 safari 28 footer is WAY TOO MUCH trailer for an 04' tundra regardless of heeetchez or wishful thinking...

now that will get some replies pro/con coming yer way!

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
Santa Barbara , California
Pullrite Hitch

Randall, I use a Pullrite Hitch on a 3/4 Ton Suburban pulling a 31' Excella. I love it. No more white nuckle episodes when an 18 Wheeler passes you. The Pullrite must be permanently mounted to your vehicle as opposed to the Hensley Arrow which can be transferred to any tow vehicle. As an engineer the Pullrite just made sense to me and was easy to understand how it works. There are positives and negatives to all hitches. Send me an email if you have more questions or wish to talk on the phone.

1984 31' Excella, mid bath, king size bed
1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500, 7.4L/454 c.i., 4WD, Pullrite Hitch
AIR No. 2375

"You know... life is just the way it is...."
markparker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
1992 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Salem , Oregon
Pull-rite merits

Quote:
Originally Posted by markparker22
Randall, I use a Pullrite Hitch on a 3/4 Ton Suburban pulling a 31' Excella. I love it. No more white nuckle episodes when an 18 Wheeler passes you. The Pullrite must be permanently mounted to your vehicle as opposed to the Hensley Arrow which can be transferred to any tow vehicle. As an engineer the Pullrite just made sense to me and was easy to understand how it works. There are positives and negatives to all hitches. Send me an email if you have more questions or wish to talk on the phone.
Ditto on the Pull-rite experience.
I have mine on the old 91 Burb and love it. I have never had a white knuckle episode with it and have crossed the US a time or two.
Just can't bring myself to put it on the newer burb because of the Spare tire stowage issue.
wayne.yl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Lee
Does anyone have towing experience with a Pullrite hitch? My TV is a 2004 Tundra and I am going to pull a 28' Safari. I don't want to worry about sway issues so if anyone has experience here please chime in. Thanks
Not trying to start (another) TV war, but; a 28' with a Tundra?

You won't be happy with that no matter what hitch you buy...

Post some weights and capacities and we can give you more info. I suspect you will be over capacity or VERY near to max. Not a good situation.

You don't want to be holding an auction (or funeral) like this : http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...row-37260.html

I'll be the first one to say, this does NOT sound like a good idea and I (we) really don't want to see you (or anyone) get hurt or killed.
Trying to bring your new AS home from the dealer, should be an exciting time, not a death ride...

Bill
Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
I hope the safari is an old gutted one, I like the pullrite, lots. when GM has the diesel burb I'll step up to the plate.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
AMARILLO , Texas
Pullrite

Randal Lee, Nice to see a new guy from an area I'm familiar with. We bought property in that area about seven years ago and hope to spend more time there in our '67 Safari after we retire this summer(if I get it finished). I also noticed that you too got slammed with the helpful advice on how to use the search feature. I also tried the search for Pullriite and HaHa hitches and found literally thousands of posts that had nothing whatsoever to do with Pullrite or HaHa hitches. Then there are the posts that are years old and the original poster isn't around to give any follow-up. I didn't want to start a new thread on Pullrite because I knew what was comming, "Hey ijit, try the search". Same with lots of other issues, thousands of posts. If a guy(or girl) has all day to read every post on a subject, that's real nice, but most of us don't. There are very helpful folks I've found that will answer your questions and give you some advise based on their experience with A/S and related problems. Those folks have been more helpful than I can say. I like the member who always adds the fact that he's tried the search feature already! (deep breath)
10brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 AM   #9

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Don't be afraid to start a new thread. Sometimes certain info is not current. Sometimes the old thread doesn't specifically address your issue.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
A mechanic buddy of mine swears by them. His first was on a late '80's Suburban dually (yup, that's right a custom dually Suburban) for towing box trailers. The latest he installed was on a 3/4 T ford conversion van towing a monster enclosed car hauler.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote