Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
DJW
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Lafayette , California
Older Eaz Lift- spring bar popped out when backing

Hello, I have an older Eaz Lift WD hitch. Seems to work great, and I love it's simplicity. But...

Today, while backing up at a pretty sharp angle, the right (inside of the the turn) spring bar POPPED out of its socket.

While the newer Eaz Lift bars, according to the on-line instructions, have no "right" or "left", mine do. There is a sort of cam at the top of the bar that allows it to release if you swing it way out to the side (which is what happened today backing up). No harm was done, but it startled me something fierce.

I always assumed that that cam was to make it easy to install- put the bar in the socket at about 90 degrees to the hitch, and you don't need to pull the button out, just swing the bar into position. I think I have them on the opposite side they below, but wonder if anyone else has a suggestion.

Thanks,

Don
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
DJW
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Lafayette , California
Talked to the factory today. They told me the spring bars are SUPPOSE to pop out if you get to 90 degrees. Oh well...
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote