Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2003, 08:23 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Question Multi- ball Set Up

First, I need a new 2-5/16" ball. Anyone have luck with the ball sets with interchangeable balls. I want a 10,000# rating ball to pull cargo trailer too. Reese has such an animal.
Second, I have an old Eze-lift ball mount. No room to put socket on the 1" nut [1-1/2] across the flats. The bar sockets are too close. How do you tighten it!!! Thanks Tom
Old 04-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

multi-ball set-up

I have used these exchangeable ball set-ups for a long time...2" for box trailer and 2 5/16 for a 26' boat @ 6000 pounds plus and they are great....just be sure it has the 10,000 or greater post the balls go on, some are rated lower..... there are also several brands I've noticed that secure the ball differently.....mine is not a Reese...it has a pin the goes thru the ball and can be tightened from the top, I looked but couldn't see the maker but have seen then in many hitch shops.........lol..jem
zduke4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Multi-Ball Setup

Thanks, Dude. You are right, need the 10k set up!! Tough to tighted that nut; can't get any thing in there and I don't want to put a pipe wrench on it. Figure once it's tigtened just change the balls!!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

one clarification

The shank of my multi-ball at the top side of the base has 2 sides that are flat so a open wrench will tighten it from the top with a locknut on the bottom side...I probablly would give it a tug on the bottom if at all possible...went and found the smaller ball that I seldom use and no readable brand..sorry, but here in Fla. I have seen them often in towing/camping stores....jem
zduke4x is offline   Reply With Quote