Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Bryant , Arkansas
MegaHitch - Clearwater Industries

Any one have any insight on them? I've seen several people on here that use their lock. I bought one Sunday on line and received a PayPal receipt. Haven't received an email from them. I've called several times and get an answering machine with out a return call.
StreamAholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile megahitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamAholic View Post
Any one have any insight on them? I've seen several people on here that use their lock. I bought one Sunday on line and received a PayPal receipt. Haven't received an email from them. I've called several times and get an answering machine with out a return call.
You can file with paypal & refund moneys pd. if they can not fill order or if scam. My suggestion is contact paypal go from there and follow thru. Also some companies do not respond to Emails at once
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I ordered mine direct over the phone. Received it in 3 days. Excellent lock, is is solid, well made and finished.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I ordered mine direct over the phone. Received it in 3 days. Excellent lock, is is solid, well made and finished.

Everything I've read on this site about them has been positive. Everyone has had great experience. Mine baffles me.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
I got mine about a year ago. As I recall, I was nervously waiting for an order confirmation which never came. However, the lock showed up at the door in just a few days.
Thalweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I don't recall ever getting an email or what ever from them. I was impressed that I received the lock so quickly. I get the impression that they are a small outfit. I would give it a few days for your lock to arrive before getting up in arms about it.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 04-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
Thanks guys. I'm under the impression they're a small company as well. Hopefully it shows up this week. I won't go into dramatic roll until a week has passed by.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
demijac

2014 27' FB Classic
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to demijac
Great Lock

Great lock. Sounds like it might be from a company that could do better on the order confirmation / customer service thing. We bought ours from our RV dealer so didn't have to deal with that.

Once you get it, don't be discouraged if you have trouble with it at first. When you get the hang of it, it takes two seconds to put on and take off.

Good luck!
demijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
Update: I didn't get a email confirmation and they never returned my phone call... But it did arrive in less than 72 hours. Emotional roller coaster! Haha
Old 04-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by demijac View Post
Great lock. Sounds like it might be from a company that could do better on the order confirmation / customer service thing. We bought ours from our RV dealer so didn't have to deal with that.

Once you get it, don't be discouraged if you have trouble with it at first. When you get the hang of it, it takes two seconds to put on and take off.

Good luck!

It took me a couple of minutes to get it adjusted. I'm quite sure I have it mounted correctly but it still seems to be hanging there. No visible way anyone is removing it though. I was just about to research and verify I had it on correctly. Thanks
Old 04-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Takes a bit of trial and error to get it adjusted. Keep adjusting the bolt until it will no longer lock and then back it off just a bit. Looks like it fits sloppy but it is not going anywhere. I think your average ding bat thief would have to destroy the coupler to get the lock off.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Takes a bit of trial and error to get it adjusted. Keep adjusting the bolt until it will no longer lock and then back it off just a bit. Looks like it fits sloppy but it is not going anywhere. I think your average ding bat thief would have to destroy the coupler to get the lock off.

Thanks a lot. I'm happy with it.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamAholic View Post
Thanks a lot. I'm happy with it.
Yup. I swear by mine. I got it through my dealer who strongly recommends them so I don't know about their customer service and delivery speeds. I also put a Brahma boot on the driver side rear wheel. I don't need to try to make it theft proof (if there is such a thing), only difficult enought that somebody would go to the next trailer with easier pickings. Beside, they like the newer shiney ones better. As I recall they have a pretty impressive video that goes through everybody else's product like a hot knife through butter.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote