Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Level

AS far as I know most refers are mounted on the street side or curb side of the trailer. Which means the piping on the back of the refer runs front to back relative to the trailer. I think it is most important to level the trailer from front to back to get it within a half a bubble measured at the refer. All this talk about how precise the level is. The easiest way to check the accuracy of the level you have is to set it on a surface, observe where the bubble is relative to the gage lines, then rotate it 180 degrees on the same surface and see if it reads the same, IT SHOULD. Or you could use a container of water, a cup of coffee or even a beer to check the level. I think we are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #44
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Angry Back to square zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
AS far as I know most refers are mounted on the street side or curb side of the trailer. Which means the piping on the back of the refer runs front to back relative to the trailer. I think it is most important to level the trailer from front to back to get it within a half a bubble measured at the refer. All this talk about how precise the level is. The easiest way to check the accuracy of the level you have is to set it on a surface, observe where the bubble is relative to the gage lines, then rotate it 180 degrees on the same surface and see if it reads the same, IT SHOULD. Or you could use a container of water, a cup of coffee or even a beer to check the level. I think we are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.
First of all, the OP was asking about a 2010 Trailer which I assume has a 2010 refrigerator.

If any of you half a bubble off level people, can show me any printed information, written by the manufacturer of any recent RV refrigerator, that says anything about a half bubble off level I will gladly listen to your information.

There have been quotes of both written and verbal instructions from refrigerator manufacturers right here in this thread that state much less rigid reqirements. Therefore why do you guys keep parroting this probably unsupported antiquated or at best apparently out of date information without any supporting documention to owners of newer model trailers? You certainly are performing no service for us.

Regards,

Ken

Old 10-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #45
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
First of all, the OP was asking about a 2010 Trailer which I assume has a 2010 refrigerator.

If any of you half a bubble off level people, can show me any printed information, written by the manufacturer of any recent RV refrigerator, that says anything about a half bubble off level I will gladly listen to your information.

There have been quotes of both written and verbal instructions from refrigerator manufacturers right here in this thread that state much less rigid reqirements. Therefore why do you guys keep parroting this probably unsupported antiquated or at best apparently out of date information without any supporting documention to owners of newer model trailers? You certainly are performing no service for us.

Regards,

Ken
There are far more "older" Airstreams out there than new ones.

I believe they are called vintage.

They want to know, what they need to know, on how to best take care of their equipment.

If the publication of that information is a bother to new owners, then perhaps they should not read what they consider to be "trash".

It is, IMMENSELY helpful to many thousands of vintage owners, to keep them informed as to what to and what not to.

They quite well, object to seeing posts about new trailers, that is of little to no concern to them.

Manufacturers today, speak of their today's probucts, not of yesteryear.

Service records, are records, not opinions.

Andy
Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
There are far more "older" Airstreams out there than new ones.

I believe they are called vintage.

They want to know, what they need to know, on how to best take care of their equipment.

If the publication of that information is a bother to new owners, then perhaps they should not read what they consider to be "trash".

It is, IMMENSELY helpful to many thousands of vintage owners, to keep them informed as to what to and what not to.

They quite well, object to seeing posts about new trailers, that is of little to no concern to them.

Manufacturers today, speak of their today's probucts, not of yesteryear.

Service records, are records, not opinions.

Andy
Andy, you are completely missing my point, Read my post that you quoted.

My point is that this thread was started by the owner of a 2010 Airstream. Information applying to much older Airstreams serves no purpose in this thread, especially when it is not identified as such and not even documented or backed up by anything other than one man's stated experience. It is only more confusion to new trailer owners because it is contradictory to the information in their manuals.

If you feel that this is "IMMENSELY" useful information for vintage owners then post in in a thread about vintage trailers or refrigerators and identify it as such. . This thread is about a 2010 trailer.

Ken
Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #47
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
Andy, you are completely missing my point, Read my post that you quoted.

My point is that this thread was started by the owner of a 2010 Airstream. Information applying to much older Airstreams serves no purpose in this thread, especially when it is not identified as such and not even documented or backed up by anything other than one man's stated experience. It is only more confusion to new trailer owners because it is contradictory to the information in their manuals.

If you feel that this is IMMENSELY useful information for vintage owners then post in in a thread about vintage trailers or refrigerators and identify it as such. . This thread is about a 2010 trailer.

Ken
I believe the moderators will correct any and all errors that I may make.

You missed my point.

I don't like to argue.

I do like to help those that liked to be helped.

Andy
Old 10-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
I don't like to argue.

Andy

"I don't like to argue" is different from "I don't like things I say to be questioned"

Ken
Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #49

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
{moderator note]

All right folks, knock it off. Don't be sniping over the finer points, please. I think we all get the point that vintage refrigerators may have a lower tolerance for being out of level than new refrigerators. Lets move on from here.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Andy

I would just like to say THANKS! to Andy for all of the information that he provides FREE on this forum. You have a good reputation in the Airstream community. I for one listen to your advice and it has been very helpful to me. When you give advice such as "Half A Bubble", I know what you mean. THANKS AGAIN!