Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Michigan , Michigan
Lets talk Hensley 1400lb spring bars and grease fittings

This is my second Hensley. I sold my last one when we stopped camping back a few years ago and since bought another trailer and another hitch. My old one had the 1400 lb (Eaz Lift I believe) bars which were silver hammered powder coat. I had a light weight trailer at the time and used my 1000 Reese bars instead but they both fit with the same bushing. I know Hensley went to a larger diameter bar recently for their 1400 bars which use a different bushing. I don't know if they are ultra fabs or if they are having someone make them special for them.

I have have to get some prices from Hensley but thought about buying some Eaz Lift bars since I can buy them fairly inexpensive. I did see there were a lot of people reporting issues with shearing the grease fitting with the 1400 lb bars and maybe that's why Hensley went to the new bar.

The reason for this is that with the new Barker 3500 24" jack and maybe adding 2 GC batteries, my tongue weight is increasing. I'm still not sure since I have to hook up the van after adding these things but have been thinking about this a lot.

I have seen that the Eaz Lift bars are 1 3/8" diameter which should work. Not sure if its worth going this route or buying the newer bars that Hensley uses. I was just out there to pick up a straight stinger. I know that would have been a good time to buy it but I have to work out that way once in a while and im not 100% sure if I need them yet. I hate spend the money and not need them.

Again, Not detrimental.. Just something I have been thinking about. I was fortunate to be able to meet Dennis when I was at the Romeo Hensley building. He was the guy that talked me through a couple of questions I had when I was rebuilding my hitch. Great guy and has been building these hitches for a long time.

2006 E350 V10 3.73 - 5 Star Tuner, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar

2006 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS - Hensley Hitch
mikeb9550 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bars, hensley