Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Kudos for Ron at Hensley...

I just want to pass along some kudos about Hensley.

I was needing some items replaced under warranty, called Ron and he shipped the items out. The items arrived without a problem, boxed up the warranty items and shipped them back and within a few short days I had a refund for the core charge.

The whole process took about 10 days from the initial phone call to the refund on the credit card.

This is my second Hensley Arrow and have had it about 10 years without any problems.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
I agree with you. Ron has been really helpful to me and my used hitch. Not many problems but a lot of questions from me.
joe

Old 01-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
I recently replaced my ActiBrake with a Brake-Rite unit.

After replacing the warranty items on the Hensley Arrow and the Brake-Rite unit, I took the trailer for a test run. I ended up having to increase the settings on the BrakeSmart in-cab unit to eliminate the Hensley Bump to my satisfaction with a lot of success.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
I just want to pass along some kudos about Hensley.

I was needing some items replaced under warranty, called Ron and he shipped the items out. The items arrived without a problem, boxed up the warranty items and shipped them back and within a few short days I had a refund for the core charge.

The whole process took about 10 days from the initial phone call to the refund on the credit card..
Not to be a smart aleck but....

Why did they charge your credit card? If the part is supposed to come back why not just have the customer send the part back? Did they keep any of the money they charged to you or was it a full refund?

I know ProPride does not charge cards. They trust the customer will send back any parts that are being swapped as well as they pay for shipping so there isn't anything to charge when a ProPride customer has a warranty claim.

In my book, that is great customer service and another reason why I choose a ProPride Hitch - the product is great and the customer service even better!!!
**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFScheck View Post
Not to be a smart aleck but....

Why did they charge your credit card? If the part is supposed to come back why not just have the customer send the part back? Did they keep any of the money they charged to you or was it a full refund?

I know ProPride does not charge cards. They trust the customer will send back any parts that are being swapped as well as they pay for shipping so there isn't anything to charge when a ProPride customer has a warranty claim.

In my book, that is great customer service and another reason why I choose a ProPride Hitch - the product is great and the customer service even better!!!
John, I am glad the ProPride folks are making you happy. That hitch wasn't around when I bought my two Henlsey's, but I dealt with Sean when he was at Hensley and never had any problems about customer service.

The credit card charge is just a "core charge" and I don't have a problem with it. When you buy most other parts for an RV or tow vehicles they also charge a "core charge" as a way to be sure the cores are returned.

The main focus of this thread was to share the positive things that I have had with some of the folks at Hensley and the product over the last 10-12 years.