Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Holly Springs , Mississippi
Is there a difference in the hitch brands?

In looking only at the round bar WD hitches made by the many different manufacturers, I'm having a very hard time distinguishing functional or even quality differences between the brands. I'm not talking about the dual cams, or the other various sway control devices, but rather only the round bar, straight, WD torsion bar arms. I get that Equalizer and Fast Way E2 are different--they have untapered bars, but how about all the others?

It seems Eaz Lift may be the least expensive, while Reese perhaps is the highest cost -- but for what difference? The heads all look very similar, and the functions seems identical.

For those using this round bar, tapered arm hitch, how did you select the brand you are using?

...and then there's the question of trunnion versus round bar...

2016 FC 25' FB twin
2013 F-150 Lariat CrewCab 3.5 EB 4X4 3.55 axle
Bob662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Is there a difference in the hitch brands?

I chose a hitch/WD/sway system from Curt Mfg. For our 34' Avion, I knew it would tow like a dream from past experience, so I started looking around at hitches. I decided to go with Curt because it appeared to be a good combination of quality, price, and capability. I called and spoke to their technical team and they helped me choose a round bar kit.

We have been very happy with it.

PaulnGina
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke

Blessed and highly favored
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote