Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #61
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
GM hitchs

2007 Suburban hitch view from left rear. The square welded face you see

in the center of the main tube is the female portion of the reciever, it is also

bracketed and welded on the front side. Also at least 10lbs heavier, much

more substantial unit.

2007 2500HD look and decide.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 SUB #3.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	48107   Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 2500 HD #3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	48108  

Name:	2007 ALALANCHE #3.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	48109  
Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Kansas City , Missouri
Here's a look at the '12 Sierra 2500 HD hitch. It looks like it's beefed up over earlier versions. This one's installed on a Denali with a $62,000 sticker which I'll buy when I hit the PowerBall.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0370.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	405.7 KB
ID:	148710  
JBinKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #63
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinKC View Post
Here's a look at the '12 Sierra 2500 HD hitch. It looks like it's beefed up over earlier versions. This one's installed on a Denali with a $62,000 sticker which I'll buy when I hit the PowerBall.
Haven't seen the new models,(retired last year), but it sure looks like they have made some up-grades. I see the triangle brackets on the hitch head and it looks like the box has been welded all the way around.
Next time I'm at the store I'll check the backside, see if it carries thru there.

Bob
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Yonkers , New York
Went through this post and I didn't get answer/s to my recent tow hitch separation: "NEED HELP"

I hitched my 31' classic with the tow hitch pin & clip perfectly installed ( Hensley Hitch) and travelled 100 miles to my destination. As I was trying to park my rig at my final destination (after going through a lot of hills, slopes and twisties) my AS got seperated from my TV. With luck on my side, no damage or injury but very scary. I found the hitch pin right underneath my AS but could not find the clip that holds the pin in place under the bumper. My hensley bars & stinger on the ground, safety chains in place and safety brake cable in place on the bumper not yet activated.
Can someone please explain what could have caused the clip to break and the pin to come out of the hole. Thanks.
TV = 2012 GMC HD Diesel
AS = 2006 Classic
F450Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #65
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by F450Harley View Post
Went through this post and I didn't get answer/s to my recent tow hitch separation: "NEED HELP"

I hitched my 31' classic with the tow hitch pin & clip perfectly installed ( Hensley Hitch) and travelled 100 miles to my destination. As I was trying to park my rig at my final destination (after going through a lot of hills, slopes and twisties) my AS got seperated from my TV. With luck on my side, no damage or injury but very scary. I found the hitch pin right underneath my AS but could not find the clip that holds the pin in place under the bumper. My hensley bars & stinger on the ground, safety chains in place and safety brake cable in place on the bumper not yet activated.
Can someone please explain what could have caused the clip to break and the pin to come out of the hole. Thanks.
TV = 2012 GMC HD Diesel
AS = 2006 Classic
A guess based on previous experience is one of the hooks for the safety chain caught the clip and pulled it off the pin when you went around a tight corner or "twistie". When you backed up, it removed the tension that was holding the pin in place.
I use and recommend a locking pin that has no protrusions, so it can't get caught on anything.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Yonkers , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
A guess based on previous experience is one of the hooks for the safety chain caught the clip and pulled it off the pin when you went around a tight corner or "twistie". When you backed up, it removed the tension that was holding the pin in place.
I use and recommend a locking pin that has no protrusions, so it can't get caught on anything.
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response, will adopt your recommendation.
F450Harley is offline   Reply With Quote