Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member
Hensley Stinger Exchange

Purchased a new vehicle in Feb. and waited until now to take the trip to Hensley to exchange instead of paying for shipping both ways. Stopped by the plant on a Friday morning on My way to the Metro Detroit Rally. The 2 gentlemen there where very helpful and the exchange went of with out a hitch(pun intended). I had a 8" drop and went to a 6" drop. At first the trailer did look ok with the longer stinger but I had to adjust the jacks and really crank them. There seemed to be a lot of creaking I never heard before and the trailer porpoised a lot over bumps. After resetting the jacks and they recommended I move the strut rods up a hole as well the trailer is now behaving as it first did when the Hensley was first used with My first truck. The factory was scheduled to open at 7:30 and we arrived at 7:00 the door was open and we poked our head in. Both men came right out to start helping.So if you are exchanging a stinger don't forget to go over the set up again I was kind of surprised by the strut rods needing moved just because of the stinger and vehicle change. They where fine on the old vehicle combo but the geometry appears to have changed with the stinger vehicle change.Hats of to Hensley for the service.
"Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)