Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #15
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Sorry, don't want to take the thread off topic, but is it pronounced Pro-pride, or Prop-ride?

Just curious and having trouble with that one.
It is pronounced the way it is spelled--
ProPride.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
ProPride.
Well, that's clear as mud!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #17
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochar3 View Post
Hello:
Need some input on the new Propride hitch. Who has purchased and do you have any pictures of installed product?
There are some installed pics in this thread
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f464...ket-42311.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
That new Propride looks like a lot of hardware to deal with, and lot's more weight...to say nothing of the high price for it and the Hensley.
NOT heavier and LESS hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
ProPride.
Yes, exactly, Pro Pride. Although, the products we sell in the marine market makes it easy to pronounce it Prop Ride for those customers.

As for the hitching up comments, the 3P has a greater angle in the hitch box and on the hitch bar. This makes the opening of the hitch box about 1/2" wider. The hitch box has also been reinforced so there is no warping of the upper edge of the box. In my 10 years with the orange company I answered hitching and unhitching questions almost daily. In a little over a year with my new company, and close to 500 hitches on the road, I have had 3 phone calls about hitching or unhitching.
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I have a Hensley on my trailer. The product works great as advertised and you probably know this. I would recommend this hitch setup to anyone - works very well with my shortwheel base vehicle. I have had GREAT customer service from their parts department when I puchased a used one (ebay) and refurbished it.

but............

If I were buying new I would seriously consider the ProPride hitch for several reasons.
1.) I actually purchased some parts from the owner to modify my Hensley stinger to be adjustable. Sean was very helpful!
2.) The price is better. I believe you can also get price break being a member of Airforums. Check with Sean to verify this.
3.) Proprides adjustable stinger!!! If you need to change tow vehicles you don't have the problems with finding the right height stinger.
4.) Propride is also selling an adjustable stinger for the Hensley owners.
5.) I like the looks of the propride yoke - looks much simpler in design and installation as opposed to the Hensley strut bars.

In the end you can't go wrong with either product.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Sorry, don't want to take the thread off topic, but is it pronounced Pro-pride, or Prop-ride?

Just curious and having trouble with that one.

Hehehe!

Not very PC of me I guess but when i first heard the Company name, i couldn't help thinking about parades and rainbows!

"Hensley" a "MAN'S" hitch!

Jus kiddin' .............. Brian.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
i couldn't help thinking about parades and rainbows!
Must be a Canadian thing?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #21
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Hehehe!

Not very PC of me I guess but when i first heard the Company name, i couldn't help thinking about parades and rainbows!

"Hensley" a "MAN'S" hitch!

Jus kiddin' .............. Brian.

Well the seed of that thought must be coming from somewhere, huh?

The "man's" hitch sure is a pretty color orange... and Jim can't use his last name anymore because they tradmarked it and sued both of us for using his last name.

Anyway, the name is actually PROfessional Pride or PROduct Pride... there's not enough of that in the world in my opinion and if more companies would get back to it we wouldn't have as many problems.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Classic
Valparaiso , Indiana
Totaled A/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, not to put the original poster on the spot, sorry to hear about the loss of your trailer, but what happened? It has been stated on this forum that no trailer with a Hensley Arrow hitch has ever been damaged. Note: this is not an exact quote, but close to the statement or claims that were made.
Not the HAHA fault that a semi pulled in front of me and stopped dead on I-65 because of debris on the road. Had no chance and ran into Semi at approx 50 mph. TV was an 06 superduty diesel and saved our lives. Both airbags went off and Wife and I walked away with a couple of bruises and scratches. Key words are "we walked away"
Had a dog that used to be a daschound but is now a boston terrier with a shortened nose and eyes bulged out after he hit the back of seat. Anyway, we were extremely lucky and I replaced both the AS and truck with same as before.
If anybody wants to see pictures etc, let me know.
Bob

I can win any argument on any subject. People know this and steer away from me at parties. Often as a sign of their respect, they don't even invite me.
rochar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Man, my basic Reese set up works just fine for me... Though I haven't towed with a pro-pride or other set up.... So I can't say how they tow>>

Seems like a lot of overkill for my rig.... and a lot more time to hook it up... Guess if I had a 34' I would look at it... my AS only weighs 4300 dry...

My AS rides as one with my TV. So what advantage would the others give me?.. Other than make me poorer and spend more time hooking up...??

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #24
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
Man, my basic Reese set up works just fine for me... Though I haven't towed with a pro-pride or other set up.... So I can't say how they tow>>

Seems like a lot of overkill for my rig.... and a lot more time to hook it up... Guess if I had a 34' I would look at it... my AS only weighs 4300 dry...

My AS rides as one with my TV. So what advantage would the others give me?.. Other than make me poorer and spend more time hooking up...??
It may be overkill for your weight of trailer. 4300# may never overtake the weight of your tow vehicle. However, with the pivot point IN BETWEEN your tow vehicle and trailer it is not one even though it may feel that way. (Sorry about all the "may" in these sentences, I know the weather is much nicer in May)

As for the hitching up... I'll hitch up faster than anyone with a conventional hitch, at any angle, and any elevation, all by myself, any day or night of the week. I'd say my average time to hitch up runs 3-5 minutes from backing up to pulling forward ready to roll.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 10-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
However, with the pivot point IN BETWEEN your tow vehicle and trailer it is not one even though it may feel that way.
If feels like it but, if it was I wouldn't be able to turn That would suck

Sometimes I have to take the sway bar off while baking in a tight spot.... But other than that I like it...

The Pro-Pride set up looks cool, Maybe one day when I'm towing more weight...

IT's funny I see guys towing bobcats and big tractors with no equalizer or sway control... Seems they would need it more than us....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #26
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
IT's funny I see guys towing bobcats and big tractors with no equalizer or sway control... Seems they would need it more than us....
There are a lot of other factors in sway control. One of the major factors is the speed that the trailer is towed. The big tractor and bobcat guys don't usually get up to 60-70 mph.

Another is the size of the tow vehicle in relation to the load. Most of those guys do not have passenger type suspensions and weights of the tow vehicle.

A third it the position of the load to apply more tongue weight.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
....... the name is actually PROfessional Pride or PROduct Pride... there's not enough of that in the world in my opinion and if more companies would get back to it we wouldn't have as many problems.

Sean,

Can't argue with that!

Especially after just getting off the phone with a well known RV refrigerator manufacturer about a recall that affects the fridge in my newly acquired trailer.

Their fix seems to be a bandaid to (hopefully) prevent my entire trailer burning to the ground if/when the suspect component fractures, rather than to replace the known weak item and do things properly.

It just seems like a cheap "Cover yer ass" approach rather than a sincere wish to correct a defective sold to the customer.

Oh well, better than nothing I guess, about what we have come to expect and accept!

Sure nothing wrong with taking pride in a good product.

Cheers ......... Brian.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Classic
Valparaiso , Indiana
Hensley was great, but wanted more info on ProPride. I think what Hensley means is that nothing was damaged because of hitch. My circumstances were unavoidable and had nothing to do with Hitch.
Bob

I can win any argument on any subject. People know this and steer away from me at parties. Often as a sign of their respect, they don't even invite me.
rochar3 is offline   Reply With Quote