Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #15
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnich
i just bought one today. i never knew how painful 45 lbs was!
Especially if you drop it on your foot!
Now you can check lug nuts, as well as the HaHa equipment.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #16
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Sean, thanks for the note on the chain - I was not sure mine were long enough, but now I know they are OK.

I was thinking perhaps that the gold spacers he was talking about were the ones that hold the tops of the jacks in place.

Pat

Old 03-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Oxford , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield
Has anyone else noticed Sean is answering questions and not his competitor?
I was told this is not the place to market my products, so I respect the wishes of the moderators. Obviously, others will take every opportunity to put their website link on the screen. Don't be fooled by what appears to be good intentions.

I do monitor the questions about the Arrow, but most people would probably rather hear the answer from one of our owners. And they usually provide excellent answers. As stated by a previous member, our customer service is excellent and Jarrod can answer any question faster than you can pound out the 800 number. The guy bleeds orange.

I have to admit I feel I shouldn't spend much time on the forum because I don't own an Airstream nor do I see owning one in the near future (perhaps in my retirement!). It seems a bit hypocritical (I do own a travel trailer, so I guess I'd only be 1/2 hyprocritical).

There's my screen name, though. Feel free to shoot me a private message. Or call me direct. As much as I love the internet, nothing beats a good live conversation.
Hensley Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #18
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
No need to belabor it, Ron, anyone who has dealt with Jarrod/Jared (sp?) has come away pleased I'll wager. I know I have. In fact I need to call back to him and return one of the two stingers I currently have. Was pleased to be able to use the exchange program.

As to the original questions, a perusal of 2airs two great threads will be of help. I'd weigh the TV at a CAT Scale on it's own after work some day, and then another trip with the trailer to see what the numbers are. Take a few measurements of the trailer, sitting level; of the TV, unhooked (I use a tape measure and go from the ground to the top of the wheel arch on the TV and from the beltline on the TT).

Mine was/is not yet ideal. But a change from a 4" stinger drop to a 6" drop gets me closer. I have no way of knowing how much or how little "weight transfer" I have w/o those scale tickets. (I also unbuckled my rig while on the scale, pulled the truck away, and got the trailer axles on separate pads, as well as tongue weight).

I've gotten to where I cross the scales on each (infrequent) trip, to look for trends in trailer weight & balance; TV "weight transfer" and any changes made to the hitch rigging.

Call Hensley, refer to this thread (picture) and post what you find. I'll bet that Chrysler product works out fine.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #19
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensley Ron
I was told this is not the place to market my products, so I respect the wishes of the moderators. Obviously, others will take every opportunity to put their website link on the screen. Don't be fooled by what appears to be good intentions.
Answering a question isn't marketing a product. I have to give it to you for the ol' college try on that statement but it doesn't even make any sense. Aren't the questions being asked by people who already own the product? I wouldn't expect "others" to know that. A website link isn't marketing a product either.

I'm not sure what other intentions someone could have for answering a question other than giving the answer to the question. The thinking behind that comment on intentions speaks volumes about intentions.

Rest assured, I will answer every question I have the answer to and provide value to people whenever given the opportunity regardless of the fact that they will never have a need for my product.

Speaking of intentions... we could talk about the intention to surpress competition, through NON business means, in order to keep prices high and in support of the lack of real competive advantage and innovation.

Oops, there's that link again. I just can't stop "marketing."
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:

I do monitor the questions about the Arrow, but most people would probably rather hear the answer from one of our owners. And they usually provide excellent answers. As stated by a previous member, our customer service is excellent and Jarrod can answer any question faster than you can pound out the 800 number. The guy bleeds orange.

I have to admit I feel I shouldn't spend much time on the forum because I don't own an Airstream nor do I see owning one in the near future (perhaps in my retirement!). It seems a bit hypocritical (I do own a travel trailer, so I guess I'd only be 1/2 hyprocritical).

There's my screen name, though. Feel free to shoot me a private message. Or call me direct. As much as I love the internet, nothing beats a good live conversation.
My apologies Ron,

I did not realize that you did not feel comfortable here. Sorry.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #21
_

. , .
Quote:
...I did not realize that you did not feel comfortable here. Sorry.
actually that isn't what his note suggests.

it's not obvious NOW, because of edits/deletes and mod artistry...

but each of these vendors had posts and threads deleted a few months ago...

with the usual warnings about 'advertising' and price quotes.

so it's not a matter of feeling welcome at all, but trying to abide by whatever dictates were received and interpreted.

there IS something to be said for users n owners helping each other WITHOUT sales or market share sub plots...

it is also nice when a vendor can JUST answer a technical question as sean did earlier in posts #3, 9 and 12.

we've had axle wars (ongoing) and brake wars and tire wars and so on...

there is NO value in poking the hitch vendors to bicker, unless u just like to read bickering...

and there is room here for a variety of approaches to helping and welcoming.

most here don't seem to even notice (or care about) the regular, routine and obvious SALES motives...

that drive much of the not-so-really-correct and misleading "help" that fills many threads.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:04 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Play nice.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Michigan , Michigan
I have mine broke down and in the process of rebuilding it. Hensley has been great in answering my questions (Jarrod). Couldnt ask for better CS.

Are you talking about the clevis pin and spacer (see it on the rug to the left of the hitch)? If so, the pin goes through the top and the spacer/cotter pin goes on the bottom. I can put an over center bracket back on later and take a picture if its still unclear.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Oxford , Michigan
Quote:
My apologies Ron,

I did not realize that you did not feel comfortable here. Sorry.
Oh, it's not a matter of feeling comfortable. My wife accuses me of being able to socialize under any circumstance. I enjoy talking on the RV forums and pick up a lot of good info, which I often ignore anyway and buy stupid things like that tripod grill.

I can only get on to check the forum once or twice a day, though. Especially this time of year, when things are crazy. Like I said before, you guys are pretty good at answering each other's questions. If you need a fast answer from the company, the phone is always the best route.

I'll feel free, then, to pipe in from time to time. Not just on hitches, though. Anybody wants to talk writing, flyfishing, Christianity, or politics, I'm up for it. I'm dying to tell someone about my recent trip to Bosnia, where I fell under sniper fire...
Hensley Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Michigan , Michigan
I installed the one side and took a pic. Does this help?

Old 03-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #26
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Mike, that is the spacer we talked about earlier in this thread. With the proper length clevis pin the spacer isn't necessary and some HaHa owners may not have that spacer.
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Good

Quote:
Oh, it's not a matter of feeling comfortable. My wife accuses me of being able to socialize under any circumstance. I enjoy talking on the RV forums and pick up a lot of good info, which I often ignore anyway and buy stupid things like that tripod grill.

I can only get on to check the forum once or twice a day, though. Especially this time of year, when things are crazy. Like I said before, you guys are pretty good at answering each other's questions. If you need a fast answer from the company, the phone is always the best route.

I'll feel free, then, to pipe in from time to time. Not just on hitches, though. Anybody wants to talk writing, flyfishing, Christianity, or politics, I'm up for it. I'm dying to tell someone about my recent trip to Bosnia, where I fell under sniper fire...
Bosnia? Sniper fire? I think Iíll go to Guadalajara instead.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

Michigan , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff
Mike, that is the spacer we talked about earlier in this thread. With the proper length clevis pin the spacer isn't necessary and some HaHa owners may not have that spacer.
Gotcha, I thought maybe that was the reason for the spacer.

I see another question about the chains being too tight. As long as you cross them and run them under the spring bars, its pretty much immpossible to have them too tight and reach your receiver. If you get out and look at the hitch in a turn, the chains are actually looser than when straight due to the way the hitch pivots on the linkage.