Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Question Hensley Hitch - Repair Problems?

I have a 1999 trailer with a Hensley hitch .. The company wants to sell me a lifetime warranty for $495. I expect to have another 5+ years of trailering ahead of me. Has anyone had repair issues that might make this expenditure seem needed.

Art Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Having owned my Hensley for a short time and knowing others who own them, I doubt seriously that the guarantee is worth the expenditure based on our corporate experience. A few of us have ordered the Hensley repair kit which consists of a bag of misc hardware. I'm not much on extended warranties when purchasing quality items. The one thing you may notice on your Hensley is that the orange paint will fade and/or deteriorate with use. Some Airstream dealers offer to paint the Hensley the grey color of the Airstream frame prior to installation which may or may not help as once the grey paint chips you'll see the orange anyway. The Hensley product is a wonderful addition to safe Airstreaming. Enjoy and Happy Trails

In dog years, I'm dead!
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
2003 22' International CCD
Whittier, California , Depoe Bay, Oregon

Art---I had occasion this year to make a claim for bent hardware. The claim process was very simple and handled in the same professional manner as the initial sales experience. The hardware was replaced promptly and without questions. (The two adjustable length struts must be set up tight to always keep them in compression. If they become loose, the mechanism doesn't function properly and tension will pull out the attach lugs at the forward end of the strut. Operator error on my part).

In summary, if you need to file a claim, the process is easy and it works.

2003 22ft CCD Int'l
2005 GMC Yukon Denali
WBCCI #2960
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote