Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #15
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up No error....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconVTR View Post
I have to believe this is an error in manufacturing. Every stringer they make is designed to be used up or down. In the up position as your picture shows (which looks just like mine) the angle robs us of weight distribution. If it was straight or angles down, the weight bars follow and suddenly a couple degrees change equates to inches of additional adjustment. That's why Propride has an adjustable angle like most populate WHD's do.
Define up or down. Drop or rise?...or the slight upward tilt of the haha stinger when, (as in my case), it's distributing 1200lbs of TW.

I have not had a problem getting the needed WD, with the proper drop haha stinger, (not designed to "flip"), Class V Reese receiver and 1000lb bars.

I will not rationalize the PP, as I have never used it.

Bob

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity."
Abe Lincolan
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Another failure this fall before winterizing...another jack failure. The dang nut snapped right off when cracking it up. Scared the bejebus out of me.

Also not the set screw on the locking collar. Turns out these are rarely tight as shipped from Hensley and they refuse to put any sort of thread locker on. In fact, the replacement I received, the screw not even in all the way. It ready to fall out at any point during a road trip.

And thus I believe this little screw is at fault for all the jack failures I've had.

So I highly recommend pulling them or backing them out just enough to add blue thread locker and hand tightening them. Don't let these $.02 screws ruin a multi-thousand dollar road trip!

Old 01-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
S.E Lower Michigan , Michigan
It doesn't matter what angle the side plates or riser of the stinger is at. What does matter is that the long ends of the stinger are parallel to each other. That, in fact, is how my stinger is constructed and also those of both my sons.
Barney
Old 01-11-2017, 01:57 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneys View Post
It doesn't matter what angle the side plates or riser of the stinger is at. What does matter is that the long ends of the stinger are parallel to each other. That, in fact, is how my stinger is constructed and also those of both my sons.
Barney
The 2x2 stinger lengths were the focus...not the plates.

And it has been confirmed by Hensley the 2x2 pieces are not parallel by design. Which makes no sense at all. The straight bar is straight...ZERO angle. So why weld the others at an angle?

The other bars can be used as a drop or a rise (flip up or flip down). Thus changing this welded in angle, up or down. The same as adding or removing washers from other WDH systems. But by Hensley claims the 2X2 bars of the stinger are not welded parallel is beyond me.

This angle has a decent impact on the maximum tension of the bars...which as I said other WDH's have adjustable angles AS DOES the Propride.