Old 03-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybob View Post
I have a Dodge 2500 Pickup with 4x4 to pull a trailer with a Hensley hitch. Of course they don't match in height? What is the general advice on where to find an adjustable connector to go from my truck to the level of the trailer?

Thanks

kennybob
Hensley has several hitch bars to choose from straight to about 8" drop there is a free exchange program you pay shipping and deposit until they get the trade back. I have done it twice after trading trucks. Rand

Old 03-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #16
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
If not original owner, then Hensley charges for the price of the stinger plus shipping. See instructions on their site as how to measure.

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Better yet, get a ProPride insterad of the Hensley. About 20 years more development.
This statement is incorrect.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #18
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
I have a Hensley, but the ProPride is better by improved design. The statement is essentially correct.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Assume nothing. Go to the ProPride site and read the document on how the ProPride design came about. Pay attention to the dates.

Sort-of-a-Disclaimer: I use a ProPride. I like the design. Don't care if the design evolved over 20 years or 20 minutes.

I'm convinced it works better by actual experience and A/B comparison with a Husky brand standard WD hitch. I flat won't tow my setup without some form of a Hensley-designed hitch in the middle. Life is too short for white knuckles on the steering wheel, IMHO.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:10 AM   #20
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

2/28/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
I have the same tow vehicle - no aftermarket lift package - just stock suspension. Hensley does have stinger with a drop that works. give 'em a call and they'll hook you up.

--dave
3/05/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Assume nothing. Go to the ProPride site and read the document on how the ProPride design came about. Pay attention to the dates.

Sort-of-a-Disclaimer: I use a ProPride. I like the design. Don't care if the design evolved over 20 years or 20 minutes.

I'm convinced it works better by actual experience and A/B comparison with a Husky brand standard WD hitch. I flat won't tow my setup without some form of a Hensley-designed hitch in the middle. Life is too short for white knuckles on the steering wheel, IMHO.
Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
TWIMC

My Hensley Arrow has gotten so much better over the last 8 years.

3pee imposer...

Boob
Old 03-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Assume nothing. Go to the ProPride site and read the document on how the ProPride design came about
...and call Hensley Mfg., Inc. and get the other side of how the design came about. It is fair to debate the design differences and advantages in the two products (in another thread), but to infer that the PP design is an evolutionary improvement over the HA is just not correct. I own the current version of the HA and prefer its design over the PP.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Unless you have driven w a Hensley, you are not familiar with it.

All you people stating PP is better, are making a bias opinion without any experience with the Hensley. I will not comment on PP because I have no experience with it, the rest of you people should do the same.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I have unintentionally responded to really old questions a time or two, since then I try to make a point of reading the post dates.

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:06 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

It is sort of remarkable that the first comment was n 2002, then trailed off until 2007, and now it's back in 2015. Sounds like a slow campfire conversation amongst retired folks.

I'm one of them, commenting with an off-topic comment on an off-topic comment made almost two months ago.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:40 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Newport , Pennsylvania
Hensley

I bought the Hensley due to the fact the stinger is welded and the pro pride is bolted together

Earl
Old 04-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1993 29' Excella
Brighton , Ontario
Hensley

I agree with you Earl, I prefer the solid stinger to the adjustable PP version however changing TV's could get costly on the shipping side. Thankfully I don't change TV's that often. My HAHA is 21 years old, came with the AS. I've put about 20,000 miles on it over the last few years and have not had any trouble with it until the jack shaft problem a couple of days ago (another thread) but now that its solved I love the Hensley that much more. I'm also grateful to the forum for helping me out.
Hensley Arrow
Hans Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #27
RAH
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Hensley Jack Assemblies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatooga11 View Post
So, today was supposed to be 50 degrees. What better time to install my new Hensley Arrow.

Amongst the problems I encountered is that my hitch system came with snap up brackets instead of the jacks that hensley used to supply. The owner's manual gives install info for the jacks, not the snap ups The snap up brackets are labeled to be removed before towing. I don't understand what they do or how they are installed or if they are necessary if you are just going to take them off to tow.

Does anyone have any experience with this that might offer some help?

Thanks,

Dave
I noticed this on Hensley's website also. Hensley offers the normal Hensley jack assemblies - the ones you raise with a wrench - or snap up brackets for the WD bars. The website says the snap up brackets are several hundred dollars less than the normal jack assemblies.

Sounds like you were provided the snap up brackets. But the standard jack assemblies are still available. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 PM   #28
RAH
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Grim View Post
I agree with you Earl, I prefer the solid stinger to the adjustable PP version however changing TV's could get costly on the shipping side. Thankfully I don't change TV's that often. My HAHA is 21 years old, came with the AS. I've put about 20,000 miles on it over the last few years and have not had any trouble with it until the jack shaft problem a couple of days ago (another thread) but now that its solved I love the Hensley that much more. I'm also grateful to the forum for helping me out.
I agree with you Hans. I like the welded Hensley stingers. Last year when I changed tow vehicles, I switched from a 6 inch drop to a 2 inch drop. I had to change out the WD bars, too.

I guess there will be Hensley fans. And PP fans. And then everyone else, who thinks we're both crazy for spending so much on a hitch.