Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Another VERY satisfied ProPride 3P user here. After a full year with my new trailer and about 7,500 miles -- including major cross wind travel -- I can tell you I would have NO other rig. Sean Woodruff is also a good reason to buy a PP.

ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Omaha , Nebraska
I pull a 30' Airstream with a Hensley and am a true believer in this type of hitch. I bought mine three years ago and we have pulled our trailer 10,000+ miles and not one issue. I wasn't aware of ProPride when I bought my Hensley but as you can see from the comments people love them as well. I think either hitch is good, I like my Hensley and haven't heard anything bad about the PP.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
I tow with a ProPride. Yesterday, I towed I-10 from Balmorhea State Park to near Austin. There were red flag wind warnings and the big trucks were pretty much staying off the road. The wind was so high that when I opened the trailer door at a rest stop and tried to keep the door from slamming back, it literally pitched me out of the trailer. I was passed by only 3 big trucks the first hour and these were all tankers and other low side-area rigs. I literally could not feel the trailer except when the wind was directly behind me, it felt like the truck was being pushed by the trailer. When trucks did pass, I did not feel them until they were clear up by the cab of my truck. At no time did I have to correct more than a couple of degrees on the steering wheel.

It was a strange day. The red flag warnings were in the Van Horn area, yet when we left Balmorhea there was no wind. Even the wind farm near Fort Stockton did not have a vane turning. Then, as we neared Ozona, we were in high winds all the way to Junction.

Call me a convinced ProPride user.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
Pnr

Currently Looking...
Okc , Oklahoma
I really like my Hensley. Works as advertised.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
I've been very happy with our Arrow. I posted a 46 month review over at my blog Hensley Arrow Hitch Review | Silver Travel
Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Boondockdad,
Enjoyed reading your blog, nice detailed report. I have also had similar experiences with the HAHA in the ease of use, towing confidence and of course worn parts. I purchased my hitch used so I am my own warranty station. The hitch has a lot of miles on it. This winter I am welding some pieces of steel to the inside and outside of the orange head where the strut bars attach. The metal was wearing thin and the holes were egg shaped. I will post some before and after pics when I get the job finished.
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Thanks to Pahaska for posting this. Very much a confidence builder to know that my PP3P can handle this kind of an extreme. I did some high wind stuff last summer (trust me, I didn't LOOK for this)....and was amazed at how solid my rig felt. Truly believe that buying this hitch was the smartest thing I did when I made the choice...
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondockdad View Post
I've been very happy with our Arrow. I posted a 46 month review over at my blog Hensley Arrow Hitch Review | Silver Travel
Thanks for sharing your great post!! I know we made the right choice with the Hensley! I have heard great things about ProPride also.
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Gold Bar , Washington
Sounds like as long as we go with the Pro or Hensley we will be happy. We don't get many high winds around here, except for in the winter, so I'm not too worried about that. But anything to make it a little bit safer to pull is a plus.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyboy View Post
Boondockdad,
Enjoyed reading your blog, nice detailed report. I have also had similar experiences with the HAHA in the ease of use, towing confidence and of course worn parts. I purchased my hitch used so I am my own warranty station. The hitch has a lot of miles on it. This winter I am welding some pieces of steel to the inside and outside of the orange head where the strut bars attach. The metal was wearing thin and the holes were egg shaped. I will post some before and after pics when I get the job finished.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Our Arrow had the same bend... there's just a little metal holding that strut bar bolt. It looked like ours bent when I folded the strut bar- it doesn't take any forces, otherwise. Dennis(? factory rep) looked at it, took a hammer, and knocked it flat. Hasn't been an issue, since.

Happy trails!
-Joe
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bird View Post
Thanks for sharing your great post!! I know we made the right choice with the Hensley! I have heard great things about ProPride also.
You're welcome! Thanks for visiting!

I'm sure there is, or will be, a long term review on the PP.

See you down the road!
-Joe
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
If you keep the strut bars tight under compression (screwing the adjustments OUT or LENGTHENING the struts) rather than under tension (screwing IN or shrotening the struts) you get the same rigid effect required for the struts, but none of the wear on that thin area. It will still wear, but on the forward edge of the pin hole where there is a lot of meat.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
The Hensley and the ProPride are products of the same inventor. Given that Hensley had about 18 years after the original patent to think about the design, it was a no-brainer for me to pick the ProPride.

As a retired inventor, I know how the passage of time brings up a lot of "Why didn't I do that in the first place." thoughts. The ProPride requires no holes in the a-frame and is easier to hitch up, especially at an angle. The adjustable stinger saved me a lot of trouble when my original calculations were off a bit.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The Hensley and the ProPride are products of the same inventor. Given that Hensley had about 18 years after the original patent to think about the design, it was a no-brainer for me to pick the ProPride.

As a retired inventor, I know how the passage of time brings up a lot of "Why didn't I do that in the first place." thoughts. The ProPride requires no holes in the a-frame and is easier to hitch up, especially at an angle. The adjustable stinger saved me a lot of trouble when my original calculations were off a bit.
Terry at Hensley told me the PP was an original prototype of the Arrow. They had built and tested it, and found it lacking. He said one of the problems was with the jack assemblies, the higher attachment point created a longer moment arm, and was prone to failure.

Don't flame the messenger. I've never even seen a PP, in person.