Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #29
Rivet Master
 
boondockdad's Avatar
 
2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,295
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
I started to write a list of things I have overpaid for but I have other things to do today, I have to go work on a car I overpaid for. I tend to solve problems by throwing money at them my time is worth more than my money. I get a lot more done that way and make a lot of other people happy.
well said
__________________

__________________
boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #30
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Lets be fair here

Sean never says that the HAHA isn't worth it. He says that it is virtually impossible to get an unbiased answer.
Did he say
Quote:
You'll never get an objective answer because the person who buys the orange haha will always tell you it is worth it. How could they tell you anything else? The psychological aspect won't let anyone that just spent over $3,000, on anything, tell you it isn't worth it.
You bet, but then he says:
Quote:
Others will post that it isn't worth it. They will be the persons who haven't used it and would never part with that kind of money for a "hitch." Again, psychologically, they can't bring themselves to post anything else.
.

Further, he goes on to parse out what factors may apply to the weighing of the relative value of the hitch. Frankly, I think it is one of the best thought out and balanced treatments of the question I have seen to date.
__________________

__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #31
Islay - 63 O.
 
dufferin's Avatar
 
1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 581
Images: 11
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Before I had it I thought and said it wouldn't worth it.
Since I have it I said it worth it under the conditions I explained sooner.

So which answer is biased? the one without knowledge or the one with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Sean never says that the HAHA isn't worth it. He says that it is virtually impossible to get an unbiased answer.
Did he say You bet, but then he says: .

Further, he goes on to parse out what factors may apply to the weighing of the relative value of the hitch. Frankly, I think it is one of the best thought out and balanced treatments of the question I have seen to date.
__________________
Canadian Atlantic Unit Past President
Protect your dream from others and first yourself...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #32
_
 
. , .
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,812
cosmetically the haha is the crappiest looking thing i've ever spent 3k on....

this has negligible effect on performance but is part of the 'value equation'...

but perhaps the only point on which some of us (users and non users) can agree is...

assigning dollar value or deciding IF we've gotten our dollars worth regarding THIS product...

is subjective and personal and a uniquely individual issue...

but applying our 'personal' determinations of dollar value for ANY product to OTHER PEOPLE or GROUPS of PEOPLE is a flawed effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
You get that feeling because Sean's comments are tinged with the fact that he is selling a competing hitch...
this was my initial thought too,

in general i find this commentary more reflective of the individual's perspective of customers than the actual customer base.

there is a lot of insight into how/why former customers are treated a given way written in/between these lines...

i find the commentary surrounding the '60 days distinction' especially interesting....

in is going to be something following these two enterprises, hawking the same gadget going forward....

beyond cosmetics, and some obvious DEFICIENCIES from either vendors chunk of iron...

the principles of sway control are identical but personal/company values may MARK the distinctions over time...

2 of my favorite posts on the 'value/worth issue are in this thread and porky says it best with the fewest words....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pig
Expensive? Yes. Am I worth it? Absolutely!
but moe's post #9 is also a vivid mark of value.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f464...tch-19750.html

my on posts in that thread and THIS one are the end of any feeble efforts (by me) to dissect and convince others on the value issue....

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...tml#post274890

it's just not a very interesting subject and really messy to handle well.

BUT the thread was the motivation for the users guide and last post (in the thread above) marks the birthdate too...

because it's a LOT more interesting and useful to focus on the issues than the 'value' question....

ya either get it or ya don't, it's either worth it or it isn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin
...So which answer is biased? the one without knowledge or the one with?
agree COMPLETELY but it's not so much bias as it is 'who's answer is more informed or useful'....

because IF u r curious about a given product or service it's VERY MUCH like deciding 2try sex...

and it's always best to ask someone who's paid for it....


cheers
2air'
__________________
all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #33
Rivet Master
 
Bambi_Bandit's Avatar

 
2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 604
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
because IF u r curious about a given product or service it's VERY MUCH like deciding 2try sex...

and it's always best to ask someone who's paid for it....


cheers
2air'
OMG - TOOO FUNNY!!!!
__________________
Kevin & Prim Li
Bandit the Siberian Husky (RIP) & "G" the Min-Pin (RIP)
Cosmo the Custom 2008 27FB Intl CCD
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
2001 25' Safari
London , Ontario
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 298
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaotter
is the hensley really that much better than conventional friction wd hitches in terms of performance and handling?
Whether the Hensley is better than any particular conventional friction suppression hitch depends entirely on the particular setup. But one of reasons I chose the Hensley was because once it's installed and set up correctly, you don't need to think about it again (except for lubricating it once and a while). The Hensley is truly a "set it and forget it" solution. I also like the fact I don't have to mess with greasy spring bars when hitching/unhitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaotter
is it really worth the $?
As has been said, its a personal choice, but an important statistic to take note of, is that for anyone willing to write the cheque to TRY the Hensley there's more than a 99.5% chance they can kiss their money goodby because they won't be sending it back.

All I know for sure is that thus far, my Hensley has been my best investment in RVing yet. I've already traded my trailer and will soon trade my TV, but the Hensley is here to stay. And yes, it was worth every penny to me.

Gary
__________________
Gary & Debbie
2001 Safari 25 SS
2011 Chevy Traverse 3.6L AWD • Hensley • DirecLink • McKesh
Set-up by Can-Am RV
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #35
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin
???
and I guess anybody who sells something else will always come to say that the Hensley doesn't worth it. But may be the 3P is better because $500 less... I don't really get your point here.
I sold THOUSANDS of orange hahas and they are all worth it. But, as you stated above, if you can get the same performance for $600 LESS than the worth/value certainly IS higher. THAT is precisely my point. That said, I don't expect anyone to know that YET because myself and the man who invented both the orange and the 3P are the only two that have any perspective on the situation. The orange haha company will tell you they know about it but the is a bold faced lie. They are clueless when it comes to the 3P.

Hopefully that makes my point crystal clear.
__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #36
Rivet Master
 
Whizzo's Avatar
 
2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 685
Images: 18
Three superb years with a Hensley says "you betcha." It works exactly as advertized, hitches up in about half the time compared to the old ball and friction bar, and the factory support is great.

I'm only now entering the A/S family, but I'm way past sold on the Hensley.

John W
__________________
Whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #37
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitsend
Whenever this discussion arises, why do I always log off with the impression that after all is said & done Sean's responses are tinged with the fact that he is selling a competing hitch?
Maybe that's because I AM? I am also the only person posting that has ANY experience selling THOUSANDS of the orange AND the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitsend
In my towing experience, Dufferin has made the complete analysis & fair comparisons. But one factor I don't see mentioned is the safety of my loved ones in the TV with me. I take issue with the comment that a Hensley owner would be too embarrassed to admit he/she had overspent for an over hyped hitch. Personally, I value my loved ones far more than some ego problem. The Hensley does exactly what it says it will do. The rest is up to me.
I don't think I was clear in my previous post because many of you haha owners have stated that I said you would be too embarassed to admit you overspent. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT AND DID NOT SAY THAT. I said that if one keeps the hitch past the 60 days then, BY DECISION, they have determined it is worth it for them. Asking these haha owners if it is "worth it" isn't even a valid question. Of course it is, and that is what is ALWAYS written.

Also, spending that amount WAS the only option. (I had to state that just so you wouldn't log off with any other feeling than I AM selling a competing hitch)
__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #38
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Sean never says that the HAHA isn't worth it. He says that it is virtually impossible to get an unbiased answer.
Did he say You bet, but then he says: .

Further, he goes on to parse out what factors may apply to the weighing of the relative value of the hitch. Frankly, I think it is one of the best thought out and balanced treatments of the question I have seen to date.

Thanks Rodney, maybe I wasn't as far off base as I started thinking I was...
__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #39
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
 
Sean Woodruff's Avatar
 
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 618
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
...but personal/company values may MARK the distinctions over time...
VERY insightful 2air'... and I eagerly look forward to marking these distinctions throughout the years to come.

I was fooled by many years of "talk" that orange values matched my values until one day I walked into the office and was slapped in the face out of the blue. That is the day that I realized my values were not even close to orange values so it'll be easy for you to recognize the distinctions between the two companies.
__________________

__________________
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used Hensley hitches tslanier Hitches, Couplers & Balls 42 01-21-2012 10:27 PM
Hensley Patent dmac Hitches, Couplers & Balls 6 05-08-2008 08:50 PM
My Used Hensley toddnich Hitches, Couplers & Balls 16 03-25-2008 07:11 PM
Anyone have Hensley for 23' or less? starflyte1 Hitches, Couplers & Balls 10 03-02-2007 07:37 AM
Hensley is worth it, right? Big Dee Hitches, Couplers & Balls 61 08-23-2005 10:11 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.