Old 09-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Well, I am still learning about the new gizmos on my truck. The '15 F150 was fairly well appointed but had none of the fancy stuff like the new one, namely this pro trailer knob. Like many I have no space on my A frame- little flat space and certainly not clear of the jack mount or the LP tank cover.

Mine would not find the sticker once set up- SURPRISE!

Tomorrow afternoon I will try to set it up with the advice I read on the forum- stick the sticker on the LP tank cover and measure the ball hitch point at the meet point of the stinger to the swivel hitch of the Pro Pride. Hope it works.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
Well, I am still learning about the new gizmos on my truck. The '15 F150 was fairly well appointed but had none of the fancy stuff like the new one, namely this pro trailer knob. Like many I have no space on my A frame- little flat space and certainly not clear of the jack mount or the LP tank cover.

Mine would not find the sticker once set up- SURPRISE!

Tomorrow afternoon I will try to set it up with the advice I read on the forum- stick the sticker on the LP tank cover and measure the ball hitch point at the meet point of the stinger to the swivel hitch of the Pro Pride. Hope it works.
I guess you must not have the space I had on my 25' Flying Cloud. Even with it located as shown below, which was within the Ford specification, the system lost it's sync to the sticker on occasion. Great gizmo when it did work however.

Although I see that placing the sticker on the LP cover has apparently worked for some, Ford does say that it needs to be placed horizontally. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sticker.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	295425  

200W portable solar
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I have that space but my jack base is must larger and overlaps almost to the edge of the frame. Add to that the pro-pride trailer-installed portion and it is full of something.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
I have that space but my jack base is must larger and overlaps almost to the edge of the frame. Add to that the pro-pride trailer-installed portion and it is full of something.
Of course I haven't seen your setup, but if it were just the jack base maybe you could devise some sort of little "platform" that would overlap the base and provide a flat spot for the sticker. OTOH, the Pro-Pride hardware might make that impossible anyway....
200W portable solar
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
The strange thing is that on the F150 forum someone says that at least two people have this system working with ProPride hitches on the Airforum website. I cannot find threads on the topic other than this. Supposedly Sean at ProPride last year was working on it but no posts anywhere.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:55 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Northville , Michigan
Quote:
The strange thing is that on the F150 forum someone says that at least two people have this system working with ProPride hitches on the Airforum website. I cannot find threads on the topic other than this. Supposedly Sean at ProPride last year was working on it but no posts anywhere.

I posted this a while back....

You may want to try pinging Papa Smurf. This is a quote from a post of his from last year... Post was in the "The unofficial pp users guide..." thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa smurf
I have a 2016 f150 with the pro trailer back up assist. Before I bought my propride I emailed Sean who confirmed that one of is customer was using this feature whitout problem. I had Can Am Rv do the installation of the hitch on my new Airstream and they also installed the sticker that is used in conjonction with the pro trailer back up assist so I do not know exactly what distance they entered. It is a tight fit on my 27fb international , in fact a part of the sticker is under the propane cover but it works great. Before we left Can Am,Andy did a test drive to make sure everything was set up perfectly and even tried this feature. I think he was surprised it worked so well even if he tought it might have some limitations. For someone like me who did not have any previous towing experience it is a great tool but I am sure many of you with years of experience do not need it.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Since there are two threads on this subject, I will post it here too.

I have a ProPride and found a working solution. Here is my pic:

The first measure (license tag to hitch ball center) cannot be done with a ProPride. You have to use the 16" maximum measure on the Ford computer and then measure 16" out from your license plate to the 16" point on the ProPride. Mine was just in front of the PP yoke shield (metal part in front of silver caps in pic). The other measures were from that point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	295826  
Old 09-30-2017, 07:52 AM   #22
Clonemaster 66

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Denver , North Carolina
Angry Partial sticker has problems

Hi All,
I posted the original question last year. Since, I have put the sticker with one corner under the propane cover. It works sometimes, but often loses the connection as I back up on too tight a turn. Kind of "gave up" on the fancy Assist Feature and learned to reverse the steering in my mind and watch my wheels (like I learned as a teen towing cars for AAA). Ford Motor Co. was NO HELP in this issue!