Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Briarcliff , Texas
Fantastic ProPride / Sean Customer Service

Have to give a BIG thumbs up to ProPride / Sean for the way they back their product and provide customer service.

I bought my PP used in 2014, I contacted Sean regarding such before I bought it. I have no idea how old the hitch was..........worked GREAT though.

I was doing a bit of PM on the trailer and hitch a few weeks ago in anticipation of an upcoming trip / trailer move in mid October. I popped one of the bearing caps off (my curiosity more than anything as the hitch still swung smooth) and found that the grease was balled up like BBs and there was a bit of surface rust on the interior hardware. There was also some condensation / water collected in the bottom bearing cap.

Anyways, I sent Sean a few pics with my concerns. and my lack of facilities / tools to address a repack / rebuild.

He replied (that night!) - Send it to us and we will break it all down and get it back to good as new.

I sent it off on 9/14 (from central Texas) - I got it back today, 9/27

It looks as good as new. Bearings / seals appear to be new. They even replaced the shield around the ball which I had removed for shipping......

The hardest part for me was packing it up "securely".

Thank you Sean.

2022 Escape 19
7GenTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Mocksville , North Carolina
It's certainly rare to hear of such good customer service these days. I also bought a used ProPride. I needed a few small items (retainer disc and a few bolts). Sean sent them to me free of charge. I love the hitch and appreciate the support. The product and service has turned me into free ProPride salesman. The hitch draws a lot of questions in campgrounds and I always take the opportunity to talk about how great it works and how great the support is.
Echelon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Mountain View , California
I totally agree. I am just beginning RVing. My 33 ft trailer with SUV TV plus Propride hitch attracts a LOT of attention. The product and support is amazing.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote