Old 02-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Irvine , California
Equipment Recommendation for Audi Q5 & AS Sport 16

Hi all,

Newbie here and would like some towing equipment recommendations for my specific set up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm considering a 2014 AS Sport 16. I plan to tow it with my 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L V6. The Q5 has a max tow capacity of 4400 lbs so I think it should be sufficient for the Sport 16. I also do have the factory-installed trailer hitch (2-inch, I think) on the Q5. Next to it is the electrical receptacle (see photos attached). The diagram next to this receptacle appears to indicate the required height of the hitch ball.

I would appreciate any recommendation on specific equipment I need to safely tow a stock Sport 16.

Lastly, I don't believe the factory installed hitch includes an electronic brake controller. But I've read several posts on audi forums that the round receptacle next to the hitch does connect to a 4-pin wiring harness that sits behind the dash. So I'd also like a recommendation on a brake controller for my set up as well.

Many thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	206454   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	206455  

rent is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search