Old 01-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #1135
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Glad alls well. I just saw something that looked like a concern.

Several times I've seen a rotation witness mark on the head from ball rotation.

I'm ready for a campfire.

S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #1136
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Here's what I use to move my hitch. Works great. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Orang...C0EC770CE60F3E

2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:01 PM   #1137
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Imperial Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pteck View Post
Attachment 302864
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...amp+tie+handle

I have this always attached to my hitch head. I loop it through one of the spare holes in the drop shank. Topmost in my case which makes it balance good.

Super cheap and makes the hitch head easy to grab and move around.

I also use the handle loop to route my tether and emergency brake wire through and it keeps everything nice and tidy.

I'll grab a pic of it in actual use when I get out camping again this weekend.
Am interested in this device, but want to make sure I get the right model. The stock photo in your post shows the brown handle, which on Amazon is CLPT-02, $8.37. Your "in use" photo in your subsequent post shows a dark green handle, which on Amazon is $6.97, but no model number. Both Southwire, and they appear to have same specs (2" adjustable, rotating handle, etc.). Are they the same? (I don't care that one is a couple of $ more, I just want to get the one you say works for you). Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but I don't want to miss a small detail that makes one work for this purpose and the other one won't work.

Thanks, Rick
RicknTrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:26 AM   #1138
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin View Post
Here's what I use to move my hitch. Works great. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Orang...C0EC770CE60F3E
I second this hitch carrier. It makes lugging the hitch around a breeze and grease free. People think the carrier would slip off but it is designed to lock into place on the ball by being slightly off level. This puts enough pressure on the unit to tightly lock it in place.
The price is also very good.

Mstti
Mattirs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #1139
Rivet Master

2007 27' International CCD FB
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicknTrish View Post
Am interested in this device, but want to make sure I get the right model. The stock photo in your post shows the brown handle, which on Amazon is CLPT-02, $8.37. Your "in use" photo in your subsequent post shows a dark green handle, which on Amazon is $6.97, but no model number. Both Southwire, and they appear to have same specs (2" adjustable, rotating handle, etc.). Are they the same? (I don't care that one is a couple of $ more, I just want to get the one you say works for you). Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but I don't want to miss a small detail that makes one work for this purpose and the other one won't work.

Thanks, Rick
Hi Rick. I actually picked up mine at Home Depot and it was the only one there. I couldn't find the green one on Amazon prior. They do look to be one and the same other than color.

Here's a pic of how I have it setup under tow. I run my umbilical and emergency brake wires through the loop to keep them tidy. And make sure they aren't hanging low and risking getting caught by road debris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ashitch.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	303362  
pteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:22 AM   #1140
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Quote:
Originally Posted by pteck View Post
Hi Rick. I actually picked up mine at Home Depot and it was the only one there. I couldn't find the green one on Amazon prior. They do look to be one and the same other than color.

Here's a pic of how I have it setup under tow. I run my umbilical and emergency brake wires through the loop to keep them tidy. And make sure they aren't hanging low and risking getting caught by road debris.
Thanks for the clarification and additional photo. Yes, it looks like a nice clean setup. Will see if a Home Depot in my area (there are several) carries them.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:23 AM   #1141
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicknTrish View Post
Thanks for the clarification and additional photo. Yes, it looks like a nice clean setup. Will see if a Home Depot in my area (there are several) carries them.
I just realized you're also in San Diego (well, I'm in Imperial Beach, so same neck of the woods).