Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Good to read you have this problem solved. I performed my first tow with the Ram to a local COE park at Table Rock Lake. Getting to the campground requires towing 10 miles on a winding, hilling road with some 20mph curves down hill. Forgot to use the exhaust brake but the Ram shifted down automatically in tow haul. Used the exhaust brake on Auto on the way home and when it comes on you can hear some "jake brake" noise coming into the cab. Still getting used to the handling but I think its going to work out well in the long run. Just hate to fill up with diesel since the pumps are located on specific station islands or off to the side of the building so not as convenient as gas but I'll get used to it.

I had to pull the trailer out of this spot before I could hook up the bars becayse of the angle of the road coming into the site and it wasn't level laterally.

Kelvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Rack and Ram.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	248924  
Old 09-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Goode , Virginia
I wish Chrysler engineers would have programmed the air break to come on automatically when you selected tow/haul. Also dislike that they both automatically disengage when you turn off the engine. I think they need software developers that have used a truck to tow.

Have the same issue with not being able to engage the Equilizer bars until I get the AS out of our spot at the storage lot and into a parking lot up the road. With the added length of the the Ram parking in my spot is a big challenge requiring the wife's help. We are hopping to find a better storage place but there aren't many in our area that have spots available so we are on a wait list. I guess this is all part of the experience.

Around here all the diesel pumps are the easy to identify and get to with a trailer because of high usage of diesel trucks. My only problem is this usually mean a long wait to use them. Another part of the experience!

You rig look good, silver was my top choice but I couldn't find one anywhere in our area.
SMLJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
I moved my Equalizer hitch from my 2013 RAM 1500 to my 2016 RAM 2500 with rear air leveling system. I had to go to a 12 inch long 2" shank for a level trailer and truck in Alt Trailer Height Mode (air level). I bought the used 12 inch Equalizer shank from a friend.

Everything works well except I'm concerned with what seems like excessive play using the 2 to 2.5 inch adapter. I'm wondering if this might lead to a failure down the road.

Has anyone who tried the 2 inch with the 2.5 adapter then with the 2.5 inch shank noticed a big difference in the amount of play?
Old 03-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #24

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Big difference! I was actually bending the hitch pin when using the adapter.

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
I'll need to purchase a new 2.5 inch Equalizer shank and 2.5 inch Rock Tamer hub to replace my 2 inch stuff. I can buy both at etrailer.com for significantly less than from Equalizer.com and Rocktamer.com.

Has anyone here had experience with trailer.com? I'm wonder if they are selling knock-offs or re-seling the the genuine articles.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #26
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
My purchase from them was minimal, but it was the Curt brand. Took a while to get it. But no problems. Worst case was another supplier. They came up first on the search engine several times, so I assumed they were reputable and just ordered. A few days later, I checked reviews and got a shock. My order came a little late, but it did come with no problems. Won't take the risk again. Good for you to check before you order. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
My purchase from them was minimal, but it was the Curt brand. Took a while to get it. But no problems. Worst case was another supplier. They came up first on the search engine several times, so I assumed they were reputable and just ordered. A few days later, I checked reviews and got a shock. My order came a little late, but it did come with no problems. Won't take the risk again. Good for you to check before you order. Pat
I checked on-line reviews of e-trailer.com and they were pretty bad overall. I'll most likely pay a little more for a better experience.