Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Curt Hitch

Does anybodyt have any experience with the Curt weight distribution hitch? Are they as good as others? Need to get a hitch and was planning on getting the reese dual cam, which we probably still will. Just saw the Curt on ebay, and this also is the brand that our local RV store seems to push.

Thanks,
John
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Heard good things about Curt...

John -

Spoke at length with a knowledgable local vendor re: Curt hitches, draw bars and the like. He said that he had nothing but good experiences to share about them. He also mentioned that they were about 30-to 40% cheaper than Reese. He said that the support (to him as a vendor) was excellent. He mentioned that they often refered him to other companies if they felt the Curt product was not the right piece... again he was impressed. He also mentioned the cost difference being a significant fact for some customers. I did not discuss the WD hitch they make specifically, sorry.

I personally have NO experience with Curt, nor do I have an interest in the company in ANY way.

3rd hand info, and worth every penny you paid, 4th hand now actually.... as with anything, common sense, and a healthy dose of scepticism for everything you hear/ read...

Hope that it helps!

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
I don't know what prices you are seeing on the Reese but etrailer.com and Auto Accessories Automotive Accessories Connection, Car, Truck And Suv Accessory Store Info have the whole kit with WD and HP dual cam anti-sway for about $430 including shipping. I got mine at Auto Accessories and it came the next day direct from the factory.
SilverCottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Don't know anything about Curt hitches...first I ever heard of em'. For the same $ ($399) I think I'd go wit the tried and true and widely available Equalizer.
My .02
Bill
Old 01-27-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
If I was you....and CLEARLY I'm not

WEll, the tease is there and I wonder when they will bother to come down out of the headline and notice what all is going on here.....?

I think that this is a GREAT idea. Period.

Traditions was a terrific way to get the little people involved in the process to push the creative foks into that higher plane.... and see where that leads.

Back to brass tacks for a minute, I realixe that I can't get everyone to pose (or possibly even some at photo time), I CAN and WILL get this tradition on its feet, by hook or by crook!

It's that important to me.

Axel
SilverToy
Old 01-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Equalizer hitch

This hitch is terrific. I have NOTHING but POSITIVE PERSONAL COMMENTS to REPORT. Get the very best service department to assist with the set-up and all will be trouble free for many miles. I Use the Equalizer hitch with my TV/ AS combos - '01 2500 6L 4x4 with a '92 34' er Classic Lmtd. From the vehicle / towable connection, there is a "I NEVER have to think about it, EVER!!!!" quality. This is KEY. It is often overlooked in the scramble to get the $'s to come out right/ lower on a big purchase. In this case, it is really the quality $'s that provide a solid experience - not just next week, in 10 years time.

I can recommend the Equal-I-zer hitch without reservation.

Axel
SilverToy