Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Hey Ray - congrats - now open up your own account here so we can properly "haze" you and welcome you into the community...
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Ray here - I do have my own account as you can see - but sometimes it's easier to use Carol's when she's logged on and in the thread than to login and go to the thread to reply. I'm a little lazy sometimes and take the path of least work.
A bad day on the road is better than a good day on the job - but it's still bad !!!
REBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Guilty as well....

Congrats again - its all down hill after the first big "bump" in the road...

JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #44
1 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Troy , Texas
When I purchased my new truck...had the same problem....one thing to check ...make sure you raise the tongue of the trailer where the weight of the trailer is neutralized with the shaft of the hitch...doesn't seem like the coupler is releasing...when you raise the coupler latch push forward...(away from trailer)...the blocks under the jack helps only is the coupler is releasing....if this doesn't work...make sure the wheels are chocked where the trailer will not roll in either direction...if you have the trailer lifted to neutralize the weight of the trailer free of the truck hitch...take out your shank hitch bolt and drive off the hitch...make sure someone is watching the hitch and that it is releasing from the truck receptible....you will need an extention shank for your weight distribution hitch....also check and see if you have the proper size ball for your trailer...hope this helps....
excella88 is offline   Reply With Quote