Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #21
ProPride Industries, Inc.
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao View Post
the 19; 3823# and 550# tongue.

The loaded tongue weight on a 19 will be over the 600# limit on the Cub.

-
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #22
Tao
3 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
That's not good news!
I'll confirm that with Hensley later today - did call your business earlier this morning, no one could address my questions so I left my phone number. Have not heard back and right now I'm off to run errands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
The loaded tongue weight on a 19 will be over the 600# limit on the Cub.

-
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
did call your business earlier this morning, no one could address my questions so I left my phone number. Have not heard back and right now I'm off to run errands.
Yes, I have your number to call you back. Or, you can call me directly on my cell anytime 810-962-0219.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #24
Tao
3 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Sean,
Just a note to thank your for point out the 600 pound limit of the Swift Cub to me. Given that the 19 Intl, 2012 model, has a tongue weight on 550 pounds with the trailer having no load in it, that was too close for my comfort level.

To all others reading this thread, I called Sean late this afternoon and questioned him extensively on the merits of the ProPride set up verse the Hensley Arrow, the hitch that I had owned previously back around 2005. I was so impressed with his answers, frankness and engaging personality that I felt it was time to make up my mind. I purchased the 3P-1000 from him and look forward to it's delivery. I'll be installing it myself, as I did years ago with the Hensley. I think he has a better "mouse trap", and hope my "thinking" is manifested as valid when the hitch arrives and I put it to the test.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Sean,
Just a note to thank your for point out the 600 pound limit of the Swift Cub to me. Given that the 19 Intl, 2012 model, has a tongue weight on 550 pounds with the trailer having no load in it, that was too close for my comfort level.

To all others reading this thread, I called Sean late this afternoon and questioned him extensively on the merits of the ProPride set up verse the Hensley Arrow, the hitch that I had owned previously back around 2005. I was so impressed with his answers, frankness and engaging personality that I felt it was time to make up my mind. I purchased the 3P-1000 from him and look forward to it's delivery. I'll be installing it myself, as I did years ago with the Hensley. I think he has a better "mouse trap", and hope my "thinking" is manifested as valid when the hitch arrives and I put it to the test.
Thank you for the kind words, Jack.

I enjoyed our conversation. Happy I could help.

-
Tu ne cede malis
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Personally, I'm totally pleased with my ProPride setup. Put almost 10k miles on it the first year with no issues and no white knuckles even in Phoenix AZ traffic at rush hour (never again...).

Can't imagine towing any other way.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Sean,

I believe you will be very happy with your decision. As far as Sean's support, it goes on long after the purchase. We have had our ProPride for 5 1/2 years. The support is still as quick and easily accessible as it was when we first purchased the hitch.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Sean,

Hi, Sean is a great guy and I'm sure that you will be more than happy with this hitch.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Hey Sean, I bought a used Hensley off of ebay several months ago, and I have read in postings information that would lead me to believe that a ProPride stinger will work with my Hensley, is this true?

Fwiw, if I wasn't in econo (i.e.cheap) mode these days I would have bought new and bought ProPride...

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:46 AM   #30
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
PP occasionally makes up an adjustable stinger. I got one a few years back.

I'd say it's a best match where the HA stinger choices aren't good, and one needs help in transferring weight to the Steer Axle.

It is heavier, and longer, than an HA stinger.

I'd dedicate the money if the above doesn't quite apply towards a custom hitch receiver that ties the TV frame rails together at several points, and shortens the absolute distance of TV rear axle to hitch ball length.

A stinger with owner drilled hole, and owner cut/welded angle of stinger to hitch receiver to lower amount of force needed to transfer weight.

That said, the adjustable stinger is a nice way to match any (relative) TV to the TT with an HA mounted. I bought one as both TT and TV will undergo changes which will mean the need for a new stinger in several instances.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I have one trailer and two tow vehicles. When I bought the Hensley it came with a stinger that is perfectly matched for my truck.

Since I bought used, I am not eligible for the exchange program, so the flexibility of an adjustable stinger is appealing to me.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:23 AM   #32
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Unless you are going to change heights on TT and TV that would affect stinger drop, the HA stingers are lighter and shorter.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:01 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Anyone Used The Hensley SwiftArrow?

I would rater have an adjustable stinger that I can use on any vehicle I might buy or use.

I doubt that the added weight will make any practical difference, and the added length little to no practical difference in my application.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Thank you everyone for your continued support.

RE: Hensley Arrow adjustable bar...

We do make them about once per year. I have quite a few people call for them but just haven't made any since last year.

The hitch box on the Arrow is longer than the on the 3P so you pick up some added length on the bar. I am going to look at trying to shorten that up a bit to get it closer to the 3P length on this next run. The problem I see is that the orange upper has to clear the gusset in a tight turn. That would be the area I have to look at to shorten the bar.

With the 3P box being shorter, and no orange steel upper, the gusset isn't a problem in tight turns.

Thanks, again, everyone above for all your kind words. I'm grateful to have such great customers.

-
Tu ne cede malis
Old 02-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Just as an FYI, I bought one of Sean's adjustable PP stingers for HAHA last year. It has performed flawlessly and since I change TVs frequently, was a Godsend. As it was, my used HAHA came with two different height stingers, but I would've had to buy at least one more for the various vehicles.

AND, the tilt ability is absolutely necessary...especially with 2.5" receivers with a 2" reducer. Gives me the ability to have the head and stinger absolutely parallel to the ground after WD is applied.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote