Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #43
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot
Do you have any marketing information or photos besides this link? I went on your web site and ordered sway information but wasn't sure how long it was going to take to receive information and frankly I wasn't sure what information I was going to receive. Thanks, pj

I have plenty of pictures of the prototype. The sway control report is information about all the causes of trailer sway and the facts about controlling it.

What information would you like to see?

My money back guarantee is 90 days. But, it isn't only money back. If the ProPride hitch doesn't eliminate your trailer sway I will return your money PLUS pay you the difference to purchase the Arrow.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff
I have plenty of pictures of the prototype. The sway control report is information about all the causes of trailer sway and the facts about controlling it.

What information would you like to see?

My money back guarantee is 90 days. But, it isn't only money back. If the ProPride hitch doesn't eliminate your trailer sway I will return your money PLUS pay you the difference to purchase the Arrow.
I would like to see the advantages of your hitch over any others. Perhaps you can private message me and I will get my husband in on this discussion. Thanks, pj

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
PJ, You are one post away from becoming a rivet master! Choose carefully...
I saved mine for my 60th, and the had the best party ever reading AirForum birthday wishes. Sure took the edge off!
Good luck with the new hitch~See you towing in March?
Congrats!
Janet
Old 12-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Mill Valley , California
Quote:
I haven't contacted any dealers at this point. I'm sure the dealer side of the business will build slowly like it has done with the Arrow.

It is really simple to install for the end user or any RV dealership could do the install.
Hi Sean
Really simple for a newbie to rving? What skill level are we talking? If I purchase a Hensley I was thinking my dealer would do the install.....it just looks too complicated with a lot of parts

Can you give me some info on you and your new company? What will be backing your new hitch......I assum Hensley Mfg has been a round for a long time?

I really want to upgrade my hitch and deciding between an established mfg and a new start up with no inventory yet is a tough one for an inexperienced newbie.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Welcome to the Forums!

Sean,
Welcome to the forums!!! I enjoyed working with you at your last job, and if any one wants to know your customer service was A+++.

This new hitch sure looks great and I look forward to learning more about it in the future!
I wish you the very best in this new year and I look forward to seeing your product down the road!!!

Abe
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #48
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by millvalleyca
Hi Sean
Really simple for a newbie to rving? What skill level are we talking? If I purchase a Hensley I was thinking my dealer would do the install.....it just looks too complicated with a lot of parts

Can you give me some info on you and your new company? What will be backing your new hitch......I assum Hensley Mfg has been a round for a long time?

I really want to upgrade my hitch and deciding between an established mfg and a new start up with no inventory yet is a tough one for an inexperienced newbie.
My user account has been converted to a vendor account so I'm not sure what I can answer here anymore. Janet, I will only try to answer direct questions so please let me know if I am offbase. I mean no disrespect to the rules.

The hitch can be installed by anyone, or any dealer, that reads the instructions. This hitch is every bit as easy to install as the haha by reading the instructions. I wrote most of the instruction manual for the haha over the years so either way you're getting my instructions.

Info on me... I was the Vice President of Hensley Mfg for over 10 years (they have been in business 13 years) and had the responsibility for most of what went on there. I have an undergraduate degree in Engineering and an MBA in marketing. The backing of my new company is from my investors. Out of respect for my investor's privacy that is all I'll mention. Let's just say we won't have any financial problems.

I understand your concerns about a new company but ALL companies had no inventory at one time. In fact, high inventory levels result in higher prices to customers. High inventory levels result in inflexibility. High inventory levels are also the result of purchasing too much from China. China parts come with HIGH minimum orders.

Just as a philosophical exercise, would you think a new company establishing a brand reputation in a market, would pay more attention to quality, performance and customer service OR would an old company be more on top of these things?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
result of purchasing too much from China. China parts come with HIGH minimum orders.
What percentage of your product is from out of country suppliers and where is it assembled?

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #50
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
What percentage of your product is from out of country suppliers and where is it assembled?
The wieght distribution bars are manufactured in China. The importer of these bars supplies 80+% of the bars sold in this country annually regardless of the name on the bars. That is the only part that is imported.

The hitch is assembled in Grand Blanc, MI.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Sean

I look forward to receiving the information package I requested yesterday. I tend to be an early adopter.

For me what will be interesting is the ease of hook up as my wife is taking over most of those chores for the time being. I feel guilty laying more responsibility/effort on her than I already have.

2'Air, thanks for starting this thread. These kinds of "finds" are a good part of what keeps the forum very interesting.

Reading everyone's comments and the questions asked also helps fill in the blanks for things I should be asking but either don't know to, or forget to ask myself.

Thanks, and keep the info flowing.

Barry
Old 12-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Oxford , Michigan
It's good to see another company taking trailer sway seriously. For 14 years, Hensley has been the only company blowing that horn. Our biggest complaint has always been the lack of "real" competition. If you're the only one making a product, people wonder if it's really a necessary item.

Best of luck to Sean. Hensley will continue to fight the good fight and develop (with your input) products to make our chosen lifestyle safer and more enjoyable.
Hensley Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #53
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensley Ron
Our biggest complaint has always been the lack of "real" competition.
Your wish is my command! You've let the genie out of the bottle.

I will be working night and day to alleviate your complaints.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #54
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
(These comments are NOT related to A/S owners, previous discussions, etc)

Well, gentlemen, I hope both of you all find the way, in marketing, to get across the idea that diminution of sway and elimination of sway is not a question of "close to best reduction of sway" and "best reduction of sway" as if these hitch types (friction vs HA-type) were related; to own one is to know that they are not. One type eliminates it. The other can not do so. (With the larger caveats that apply).

The constant refrain repeated seems to be (on RV forums), "a high expense for an admittedly effective but Rube Goldberg-ian contraption; where my new $300 hitch is nearly as good".

This difference is not understood. TT hitches/rigging are seen as being along a scale of effectiveness, an inaccurate picture.

By the way, in fairness, what would be a better (generic?) way of referring to this hitch type; as a class?
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #55
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member

Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNAX
(These comments are NOT related to A/S owners, previous discussions, etc)

Well, gentlemen, I hope both of you all find the way, in marketing, to get across the idea that diminution of sway and elimination of sway is not a question of "close to best reduction of sway" and "best reduction of sway" as if these hitch types (friction vs HA-type) were related; to own one is to know that they are not. One type eliminates it. The other can not do so. (With the larger caveats that apply).

The constant refrain repeated seems to be (on RV forums), "a high expense for an admittedly effective but Rube Goldberg-ian contraption; where my new $300 hitch is nearly as good".

This difference is not understood. TT hitches/rigging are seen as being along a scale of effectiveness, an inaccurate picture.

By the way, in fairness, what would be a better (generic?) way of referring to this hitch type; as a class?
All great points Rednax!

You have touched on a very important point. The very terminology "sway control" hitch describes what it does. It controls, or attempts to control, sway. Implicit in that terminology is, "sway exists."

In a Hensley Arrow(r) or an Eliminator by ProPride, the oscillation of tow angles never begins. I could go on and on about needing a common definition for sway but that is a COMPLETELY different topic. That is where the communication of the topic normally breaks down. In the very definition of what is being discussed.

The class you might want to use is "Pivot Point Projection(tm)". On second thought, maybe not since I have trademarked that and a trademark isnt' a true "class." I know an attorney in a sway accident case used the term "pivot point manipulation" to refer to both the Pull-Rite and the Arrow. That may be a good class description.

All that said, from a marketing standpoint, it is hard to not talk about "sway control" because that is what 99% of the market calls it. That is what people look for when they have the problem. Before they have the problem of sway, they don't look to correct it. And, a dealer doesn't necessarily want to talk about a problem when selling a unit to a new customer. These are all the inherent "marketing" problems.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Oxford , Michigan
It's like this: if the airplane were invented today, the DOT would call it an "All Terrain Vehicle."

Hensley Ron is offline   Reply With Quote