Old 01-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Talking XC90

Hi,

Today we just set up our first 2010 XC90 V8 with a factory tow package and wired a prodigy p3 into the mix. We also installed the Nivomat rear shocks and springs. I have been talking with the customer all week about this project and when we finished i was thinking about this vehicle and how it might behave with a large trailer.
The trailer they are purchasing is the 2010 trailmanor 27 sumptin... here is a link
TrailManor|Easy Towing|Lighweight Travel Trailer

Its pretty light and since we cannot fit weight distribution hitches to our factory setup it might be as big as he can go.
I email Andrew T from Canam and he said that he could build a hitch that could operate under weight distribution conditions. I passed that info on to the client.
Anyways... since Im in the Volvo business I am a bit partial and I really like the XC90 V8 package. I still think I might go with something bigger. Afterall, I have been told I use a dump truck to tow my airstream around.. so I like a little more margin for error...

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
High River , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Hi,

Today we just set up our first 2010 XC90 V8 with a factory tow package and wired a prodigy p3 into the mix. We also installed the Nivomat rear shocks and springs. I have been talking with the customer all week about this project and when we finished i was thinking about this vehicle and how it might behave with a large trailer.

I email Andrew T from Canam and he said that he could build a hitch that could operate under weight distribution conditions. I passed that info on to the client.
Anyways... since Im in the Volvo business I am a bit partial and I really like the XC90 V8 package. Vinnie
The Nivomat system sounds great for moderate tongue weight without WDH. I didn't know it could be installed on an XC90.

I tow with an S60 with a Can Am receiver and an Eaz-Lift hitch. Power is simply adequate, but the combination is very stable.