Old 01-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #15
Streamline Imperial
Currently Looking...
Bellflower , California

After a few weeks of frustration looking for a TV on Ebay (and dodging a major SCAM in the process!), I found a GREAT deal on a Suburban on Craigslist dot org. Ditto on my little tent trailer. They have sites for most major cities in the U.S. and beyond!

Ebay has been better for little things, in my experience.

It seems I love the mountains and deserts more than my friends do. I sure miss them!

1971 Streamline Imperial project "Silver Snausage", 1985 Coleman tent trailer, 1964 Little Dipper, 1975 Northwest "Proto Toyhauler", 2004 Harbor Freight folding, still seeking my Airstream.
SilvrSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Originally Posted by starflyte1
I have to buy used, because, as someone said, they are not making the 8.1 2500 Avalanche right now.

We bought our Suburban in St. Pete-found it on the internet. Will look in the papers around Tampa. Good idea.

The Suburban would have to be open to allow the exhaust to escape, wouldn't it? Sorry if that is a "no brainer, stupid question". I really do think that I know the answer.

As far as wanting or needing, probably a little of both. My husband would prefer a mh, so I am trying to make this tt something he is happy with and I can handle by myself. He can do it, but should not because of his health, and isn't comfortable watching me do it, so I am trying to figure out the absolute easiest way of doing it all. We did use a generator often in the mhs we have had, so would like to have one or two.

Thanks all!

For what it is worth, we installed a front receiver and carry our generator on the front of our Excursion - for the same reasons as have been explained on this thread. This works great - and once placed on the rack it never moves again during the trip - just run the generator sitting on the rack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1577 (Small).JPG
Views:	61
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	31232   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1579 (Small).JPG
Views:	76
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	31233  

The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze