Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
albuquerque , New Mexico
nissan/ renault

If I were a Dodge truck owner, which I am not I drive a Toyota Tundra after many years of driving Chevy and Fords, I would be rooting for Nissan/ Renault to buy the Dodge truck line. News today is that Chrysler may indeed be split up, GM after Jeep from a product line perspective. Nissan could benefit by additional large truck presense in the US, Dodge truck owners could see that product line stay pretty much intact with an infusion of both capital and excellent engineering especially with regards to engines (Nissans strength). If GM ends up with them I think you will see the entire product line disappear within 2 years. Cerbus I think is smart enough to walk away with the cash that GM is after, and disperse the messy business of building and selling vehicles.

joe3957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #30
Rivet Master
1967 24' Tradewind
Wickenburg , Arizona
Hmm, That means GM would own The local proving ground( Arizona Proving Ground) that Chrysler bought from Ford last year.

Diesel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
albuquerque , New Mexico
Proving Ground

I am in the aerospace business...and typically you talk about a company name (Boeing Say....but it is a division that used to be Douglas, then Mcdonnel Douglas, now Boeing.) On the avionics side of the business its not unusual for people to sit in the same office and have had 5 or 6 owners in the last 20 years. I guess those days are coming to Detroit.

joe3957 is offline   Reply With Quote