Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Grant , Nebraska
US Gear Dual Range

hello airstream world,

My name is Max Kurkowski and I am a 24 year old farm kid from western Nebraska. I do not own an airstream trailer or motorhome, however, I would like to some day. A year ago or so I purchased a used US Gear dual range unit for my 98 dodge ram 2500 diesel 5 speed. In order to adapt it to my application, i had to order some pieces from the factory. When I ordered these parts, they were the last ones on the shelf, as the US gear company had been bought out by AxleTech International in November of 2008, and had discontinued the dual range line permanently.

Anyway, I got busy with farm work last summer and never got the thing put back together. Now I have finally gotten back to it, but US Gear changed their website all around and removed all the dual range technical data that was there a year ago.

Upon doing an extensible internet search for this information, I came across this forum. It appears there are quite a few knowledgeable airstream owners that run US Gear dual range units in their motorhomes or tow rigs.

My question is, does anyone out still have in their files the documentation for one of these units? If my memory serves me correctly, there is kind of an "all-in-one" packet that gives wiring information, driveline angle information, as well as disassembly and assembly instructions.

I would be more than willing to pay someone whatever they feel is fair if you'd scan that information and email it to me, or something of that sort.

All help is greatly appreciated.
Max Kurkowski
Grant,Ne
mkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
I have a US Gear o.d., but no scanner. If you want to pm me your e-mail adress, I can take pics of the info you need and send them off to you.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote