Rivet Master
2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Fair Warning...

Originally Posted by SilverToy
Bernie -

Followed your thread with great interest, as I too was concerned with higher than I liked trans temps on my TV. TV is an '01 2500 HD Burb with the 6L & 4x4. any questions, I'm happy to help! Axel SilverToy
mr axel,

fair warning... were coming to NM to watch balloooons. hide everything. well, the other 'streams are coming to watch, i'm coming to yak, yak, yak...

Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Hid ME, and hid me good!

Kevbo -

Check your PM's since I sent you one re: BFR. I won't be there - sadly! PM explained it all - certainly more boring drivel (to the average ASF reader) that I care to subject them to.... now you on the other hand, well, your expected to put up with it since we rallyed together with such fun, hilarity, and, well, Max. He still talks about you ALL THE TIME WHEN WE GO VISIT THE AS!

Again, sorry for the complete breakdown around the brevity issue, but it just needed some more than the usual.

Chech that PM

SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Thumbs up

Well, got the B&M SuperCooler installed last week and had our first chance to tow with it this weekend. Since we've had it installed temperatures here in Seattle have been unseasonably mild with highs only in the mid 70's so it's not really been an acid test but the results are still amazing.

Just driving around town transmission temperature is lower by about 25 degrees. That is with the outside temperature in the 70s the gage is reading ~125 at the sump. I might worry about that being too cool except the sythetic fluid extends the working range both on the hot and cold side. The cold weather performance was demonstrated last winter when the temperature up at the ski hill hit 10F for the high. Stop and go traffic shows even better performance with the SuperCooler. What would have sent tranny temps up around 180-200 are now peaking at around 150.

Trailer towing showed the biggest difference pre/post cooler installation. Admittedly it wasn't that hot this weekend and Snoqualmie Pass isn't a monumental grade but the direct comparison with a trip earlier in the year leads me to believe the "reserve capacity" provided by the low temperature bypass design of the SuperCooler really does work. Last spring we pulled the Pass with a lighter load and the temperature at the summit was 40 degrees. The tranny temp peaked at ~200F. This trip the outside temperature at the Summit was 60 degrees and the temperature peaked at ~160F.

Oh, one other thing I noticed is that trailering on the flats where we'd previously seen the transmission run ~25 degrees warmer than normal we're now seeing virtually the same temperature as when not towing.

I'll give the B&M SuperCooler a two thumbs up -Bernie

bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote